Chapter Ninety-Six

Começar do início

"He's going to have to face all that when he goes back to school." Sirius argued, "And he won't even be prepared for it. He should have been staying here, with his godfather. With people who care about him."

"After Tonks is able to get the Dursleys out of the house, we're leaving to bring him here." Running a hand down his face, Remus started towards the door, "Which should be soon, might I add."

Once he was gone, Olive let out a sigh, "Expelled? Surely if Dumbledore is so keen on protecting him he'd do something about it."

Sirius, who looked both tired and restless, stared distastefully at The Daily Profit in front of him. It featured another bogus article trying to make Harry seem like he was clinically insane and that Dumbledore was organizing the whole thing to scare the public and take the Minister's job. Perhaps a few years from now that article might have been funny, but it definitely wasn't causing any laughs now.

"I'm tired of not being able to do anything." He shook his head, "I'm his damn godfather, I should be able to go with them."

He got up, fists clenched as he left the kitchen with an irritated sigh. Olive, Ron and Hermione watched silently, not knowing what to do.

"And you thought spending all summer here would be fun." Ron said to Hermione, who gave him a nasty glare.

"Our best friend is expelled." She told him, "And you're trying to make a joke?"

"Sorry!" The ginger's hands flew up in defense, "I just thought to lighten the mood- you know what, I'm going to stop talking now."

He sat down, arms folded across his chest as he stared down at the table, probably hoping that the wood would turn into something the least bit interesting.

"I was going to ask how everyone's morning was, but I think I know now." Olive said. She reached over to grab The Daily Profit article, flipping it over so no one would have to look at the false article written on the front page.

"Did you at least get to sleep in a few hours?" Hermione asked, pacing the kitchen to try and diffuse her nerves, "Lupin told Ginny and I what happened."

Olive wanted to ask if Remus happened to mention George. She was certain that when Sirius finally made it downstairs that he had something to say to the former professor about the moment he just walked in on between the couple. However, noting the still distressed look on the fifth-years face, she decided not to ask.

"It was nice. Well-needed." She nodded, "Though coming down here after sleeping in almost makes me want to go back upstairs."

Mrs. Weasley came into the kitchen, looking every bit stressed as everyone else Olive has soon so far has looked.

"I'm afraid you three might have to stay out of the kitchen for a while." She said, "We have some Order things to discuss that can't wait until tonight."

"Is this about Harry?" Olive asked the woman as she stood. She used her wand to help her expedite the process of sandwich making, feeling especially hungry after skipping breakfast to sleep in.

"We already know that he's been expelled, Mum." Ron added, arms folded across his chest as he glumly exited the kitchen.

"It is and it isn't." Molly shrugged, "I'm not exactly sure myself, dears."

"Olls."

"Hm?"

"What'cha doing?"

"What does it look like I'm doing?"