Special Chapter: Viria

Start from the beginning

Oh, yeah. I heard about that. Europe's annual singing competition where European countries competed with each other, having their own representatives and such.

"Which country did they represent?" I asked curiously, despite myself.

"United Kingdom."

Okay, wow. They represented UK in The Best Of Europe. They must be really talented. But that didn't mean I was interested.

"No, thank you."

"Come on, Viria."

"I'm not interested."

"You'll see what I'm talking about after you hear them perform. You won't regret it!"

Actually, I'm starting to regret why I even brought up the stupid subject.

"Okay," I sighed.

"Really?"

"Nah."

She pouted, making me laugh.

"You got the list?" I asked, changing the subject. I was referring to the list of books she wanted that I volunteered to buy tomorrow.

She stopped the music and turned serious.

"Are you sure you can buy them yourself?"

I rolled my eyes. "Of course."

"You can wait 'til I get home."

"And what, stay here all day? What's the use of me having a vacation in a foreign country where I can have an adventure when all I do is stay at home and wait for you to come back so we can go out?" I looked at her with a raised eyebrow, and added, "I don't want to waste precious hours, you know."

She bit her lip, looking unsure.

I smiled. "I'll be just fine, Diane."

After a moment of staring at me, she finally gave in and handed me the list.

Since I would be doing an errand for her, I thought it would be a good idea to buy myself a book, as well - some sort of souvenir.

I had no idea at the time that I'd get more than a souvenir.



I almost got lost on my way to the bookshop, not that I would admit that to Diane.

It was a really good thing that people in Sweden took English as their second language. Otherwise, I'd be in so much trouble right now.

I've only been here for five days, and I was already used to not understanding a word people said. But they were all very polite. So the moment I spoke in English, they'd start speaking it, too.

Anyway, I got to the bookshop around three in the afternoon. It looked somewhat old - just the way I liked it. It was very woody and brown that it had that cozy feel in the room, maybe also because of the fact that they had couches by the window where you could read comfortably.

I honestly felt like I was at some historical bookshop or something.

And I felt right at home.

Not many people were inside when I looked around. Good. That meant I could take my time searching for an awesome book. It usually took an hour at the least. Most of the time, I didn't even know what I was searching for. When I found it, I found it.

But first, I had to buy the things in Diane's list. To save myself some time, I went to the girl at the counter.

"Excuse me."