050; THE SNAKE IN THE LIONS DEN [ rewritten ]

˗ˏˋ ✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩✧ ˎˊ˗
𝖁 𝑬 𝑹 𝑰 𝑻 𝑨 𝑺 𝑬 𝑹 𝑼 𝑴.
𝗮      𝚁𝙴𝙶𝚄𝙻𝚄𝚂 𝙰 𝙱𝙻𝙰𝙲𝙺     𝗳𝗮𝗻𝗳𝗶𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻.
❰  𝖆𝖈𝖙 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗 ━ 𝗂 𝖽𝗂𝖽 𝗌𝗈𝗆𝖾𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖻𝖺𝖽  ❱
╭                                                             ╮

❰  𝖆𝖈𝖙 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗 ━ 𝗂 𝖽𝗂𝖽 𝗌𝗈𝗆𝖾𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖻𝖺𝖽  ❱╭                                                             ╮

╰                                                             ╯
˗ˏˋ  050. ┊ THE SNAKE IN LION'S DEN  ˎˊ˗
❝  the rat of the marauders ❞

Regulus Black found himself privately talking to a scrawny plump boy in the corners of the library on an afternoon

Regulus Black found himself privately talking to a scrawny plump boy in the corners of the library on an afternoon. He if wanted to survive he needed to complete this task and get this over with.

"Peter right? You're friends with my brother right?" Regulus approached the boy whose eyes were puffy and red. The Black felt a pinch of guilt oozing from his heart but refused to feel anything else.

The boy sniffled and pushed away his quill and parchment, glaring at the Slytherin in distaste. "What do you want?" his voice seeped in a judgmental tone and all Regulus was feeling towards the Pettigrew washed away at his voice.

What is the Salzar did Sirius and his friends see in this coward? No wonder why the Dark Lord assigned him this task.

Pettigrew was weak. Easy to persuade and manipulate.

"I just noticed you sitting here all alone and the seats are being taken up, would you mind?" Regulus asked not really caring for an answer because the curly-haired boy sat down with his potions book on the table.

The blonde-haired Gryffindor scoffed silently, "Whatever then, sit I guess."

A moment of silence passed before Regulus started talking, "I can read your thoughts...you think that you are the black sheep of the so-called Marauders who prance around the school like they own the place. You feel as if there is a bigger purpose for you."

"Stop  ━ I don't feel that way."

"Oh, but you do." Regulus reaffirmed, "Now you are going to do exactly what I say otherwise I'll make sure to make your life a living hell. I don't care if you are Reyna's friend, my girlfriend who you stare at like she's a piece of meat. Oh and that Dark Art's book from the Restricted Section." Regulus snapped at the cowering figure.

Peter blinked and wished to disappear underneath that furious glare. "I  ━  I'll stay away from her!"

"See...that's the thing, I don't quite believe you. However, I offer you a deal where in the future you will be apart of something greater than all your friends. That's what you want, right Pettigrew?"

YES

The three letters and words that spoke in his mind. Peter did feel like an ant compared to Remus, James, and Sirius. They involved him in pranks, but he always felt like they would rather not want him there.

"What do you want from me?"

"To comply for the greater good of a side you'll never regret joining." Regulus cracked another fake smile.

( A lie that stung his tongue at the mere thought of joining the Dark Lord.  )

Behind the book shelf, Barty Crouch smirked and seeped into the shadows to go elsewhere to find his friends to report back to the followers that Regulus Black was indeed in process of completing the task.

"Reggie there you are." Regulus sighed in relief to see Reyna in the Slytherin common rooms, sitting on the sofa with a blanket to help her not freeze.

Regulus shrugged off his robe and came over to drop it over Reyna. The blonde pouted, "I'm perfectly fine."

"You're shivering." Regulus retorted, kissing her on the lips, and sat down. She scoots over so she's lying her head down on Regulus's lap, staring up at him.

Regulus played with her dainty hands and caressed them. "I noticed you heading to the Headmaster's office."

"Order business...Oh Reggie I saw Andromeda again."

The Black's voice hitched at the thought of Andromeda Black  ━ well she no longer went by that name. "How is she?"

He couldn't stop himself from worrying. Deep down Regulus was a softie much like Narcissa when it comes to family. By the term family, he loved his cousins and brother unconditionally.

"Andy, Ted, and Nymphadora are perfectly fine." Reyna glared at the scowl on his face and slapped his hand.

"You should be happy that Andy's found someone so nice and sweet."

"She married a muggleborn wizard and tossed this family aside."

Reyna rolled her eyes, "So did Andrea, they left the family from the beginning knowing what the consequences are. If anything she's lucky to start a future that doesn't have a set of rule books to follow."

She was right.

Pureblood families always strived for perfection. Always following the rule book and the only thing that mattered was keeping the bloodline going. Otherwise, there is no point in living.

"I can't say anything about the order not can you say anything about your task...that way we can both be safe."

"I just don't want you to get hurt." Regulus sighed. The fear of losing Reyna would rip his soul into pieces.

Reyna grasped his hand, "Reg, won't lose me, you may have pushed away your brother and no matter how many times you push me away, you'll lose."

"When the time comes, we will be safe thanks to the Order."

╭                                                         ╮✎↷

✎↷... 𝒂 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒆 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒂𝒖𝒓𝒐𝒓𝒂 ✉️
➩ 𝑣𝑜𝑡𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡, 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑘 𝑦𝑜𝑢!
╰                                                         ╯

₊˚ 𖤐₊ ⁀➷  Hi guys! Yesterday was a stressful day for me but happy Tuesday. I don't think i'll be updating until next week because I have a family matter to attend.