"I did, it was great. Thank you," she grinned, tucking her hair behind her ear. She always looks so adorable and delicate when she does that. 

"I'll see you for breakfast tomorrow morning then?" I asked, getting ready to go into my room. As much as I wanted to kiss her tonight because it was instinctive to do so, I was holding back because frankly, I didn't know if she would want that. 

"Of course," she nodded. 

"Goodnight," I smiled softly, turning to leave but she stopped me. 

"Archer." 

I turned back around to face her. 

"About the photoshoot, tomorrow is there a specific dress code or...?" she trailed off questioningly, picking at her nails unknowingly. 

"It's formal. I'd suggest you wear a dress you like and it doesn't matter much because you look gorgeous in everything. But if you'd like, my grandmother can help you. I take it you're aware we are both very biased for you." I took a small step closer. I couldn't help it, my body had a mind of its own. 

She laughed softly, looking up at me while taking a step closer herself. "All right. And once again, thank you for tonight. And thank you for taking me to see my parents. It really meant a lot and I-" 

"Evelyn. It's all right," I chuckled, tucking her hair behind her ear when a strand fell across her eyes. 

"One more thing," she mumbled. 

I raised my brows at her in question. 

"Can you close your eyes?" 

I smiled, closing my eyes. I stood with my hands behind my back, hearing her shuffle. I took a small peek, seeing her standing on her toes. 

She kissed my cheek, her lips softly pressing against my skin for a short moment and my eyes opened on their own. She pulled away from my cheek and stopped standing on her toes. "Goodnight," she smiled, turning to go into her own room.

"Evelyn," I said, grabbing her wrist and turning her around. 

She stood there, looking up at me patiently. 

"One more thing," I whispered. My eyes were focused on her lips. I really wanted to kiss her. Desperately. It didn't have to mean anything. I know I'm developing feelings for her, but if she kisses me back, I won't assume she's feeling the same way. If she kisses me back, I'll just know she's more open to the idea of us than she's letting on. 

I leaned in slowly, hesitating, and even stopping to see if she leaned in as well. And she did. I bit down my smile and leaned in further, my lips barely brushing against hers. She pulled herself onto her toes again while I closed the distance between us. I kissed her softly. As softly as I could. And I kept it short. It can't go further. Not now. Not yet. 

I pulled back moments after I felt her kissing me back. "Goodnight," I mumbled against her lips. 

The kiss wasn't much. But it was enough. It was enough for me to know. To confirm what I already knew. 

She was going to be my wife. 

"Goodnight," she whispered while pulling away. She then turned around and went into her room, softly closing the door behind her. 

I stood there, smiling to myself like an idiot while leaning against the wall. "Shit," I sighed, grinning. I was staring at her door when it opened and she stuck her head back out. 

She looked at me and shook her head, smiling. "I knew you were just standing there. Goodnight, Archer," she laughed. 

"Goodnight, Evelyn." 

.·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·.

I stood there, watching as the photographer finished setting up his lights and whatnot. 

"Ladies, let's make a line, please. In order," my mother instructed while the photographer asked me to stand under the bright lights. 

A small two-seater, lounge chair was brought and placed behind me just in case we took some shots sitting down together. 

"This isn't an audition, Arabella. Whoever goes first, please stay. The others, you can go and do as you please," my grandmother said to the girls. 

Chloe demanded she go first and everyone listened to her because if they didn't, we all know she would throw a fit. 

I resisted an eye roll while she came over, standing beside me.

"We'll start with a classic one. Your majesty, please put your arm around her." 

Click. 

"Princess Chloe, please put your back to Prince Archer's chest. Sir, please put both your arms around her from behind." 

Click. 

"I think we've got them, who would like to go next?" my grandmother asked from where she stood beside the photographer. 

Chloe walked away and then Candace came up. 

The process repeated with every single princess until Evelyn, who agreed to go last. 

She walked over while holding her dress, dropping it as she stood beside me. 

The girls weren't at the table this morning. Their breakfast was served to them in their rooms because they were getting ready simultaneously. So I hadn't seen her since last night. 

"Hi," she smiled nervously. 

I gaped her, looking at her dress, her hair, her face. Just her. 

She looked breathtaking. Her dress was a soft pink with sequins all over the front and two thin straps holding it around her shoulders, her hair was cascading down in curls behind her back with two strands pinned and flowers embedded into her curls, her face was glowing and had tiny specks of glitter scattered across her skin. She looked absolutely captivating. 

"Archer, dear, focus," my grandmother laughed.

.

.

.

.

.

Chapter 22

ladies and gents

it has been one day since online school restarted for me

and my life is already going to shit

I just thought I'd let you all know

next chapter: bloom