Chapter 3: Old Scout Base

~ NARRATORS POV

*Time Jump*

Levi watched as Oluo talked the new kids' ears off while they rode to an old Scout base.

In front of them Eld and (Y/n) were exchanging a few words here and there, probably talking about his family.

Levi rode next to Petra, but as usual they both kept quiet.

Everyone turned to look at Oluo as he yelled in pain, his mouth bleeding.

The idiot bit his tongue.

*Arrived at the base*

Eren looked around as each squad member put their horses in their stables, his eyes lingered on (Y/n) as she was petting her horse gently.

"Like what you see." Eren jumped and turned to Oluo.

"What?" Eren stuttered at him. Oluo nodded in (Y/n)'s direction. "Oh, no sir, I-"

"Sir?" Oluo interrupted and laughed, "no need to be so formal, you're a part of the squad now... ish." He patted his back, still laughing.

"I just... am so honoured to be in a squad with you all, you guys are all so well known amongst the survey corps!" Eren laughed nervously. "Like Gunther," he pointed to him as he walked by, "10 solo kills and 40 team kills. Then Eld, 18 solo kills and 40 team kills. Then there's Petra 15 solo kills and 48 team kills, and you-"

"Don't listen to his record." Eld interrupted and approached them taking a seat next to Eren. "His solo kill record is a lie." He smirked up to Oluo.

"What do you mean a lie!?" Oluo snapped and stood from where he sat, ready to throw a punch.

"Oh come on Oluo, no need to lie now, we all know (Y/n) assisted you on most of your kills but didn't care enough to take credit for them." Eld continued still smirking at his squad member.

"You SHUT YOUR-"

"(Y/n)," Eren interrupted their petty argument, "86 solo kills and over 100 team kills." She turned to Eren as if she heard him talking about her. He quickly averted his gaze and looked back at Oluo.

"Yeah she's pretty amazing." Oluo added, staring at her now, giving her a small wave, to which she ignored and walked away with Petra. "But, did you expect anything less?" He looked back down at Eren. To which he responded with a look of confusion. "You know her being the Captain's wife and all?"

"What?!" Eren shouted, causing everyone to turn to him, including (Y/n). Oluo covered Eren's mouth right away and nodded to the rest of the squad as a way to apologize.

"Keep your voice down kid."

"Sorry, it's just I can't imagine Cap-"

"Oi." All three turned to their captain, "What are you idiots making a scene for?" Eren only stared at him, still in complete confusion. He couldn't understand how an emotionless man like Captain Levi could even be in a relationship... No, could be married to someone. Especially someone like (Y/n). She seemed so caring and nice and "emotion-ie".

Eren snapped out of it as Eld hit him the back of the head. "Answer the Captain kid."

"Oh sorry Captain, I was just being informed of all of the kills you've accumulated over the years sir and I was just surprised that's all." He lied.

Levi only frowned at him, then back up to the two others. "The castle is filthy, we better get to work." He said and pushed through them making his way to the castle. Both Oluo and Eld groaned in annoyance.

Oluo swung his arm over Eren. "Well kid, let's get to cleaning."

*An Hour Later*

Eren walked into a room where Levi stood, dusting the walls. He cleared his throat, "um captain? I'm finished cleaning the room."

"Let me check that." He answered like he doubted him.

"Will that be my room?" Eren asked, since he spent so much time cleaning it.

"No you're staying in the cellar.  That was the deal anyways, remember?" Eren only nodded as the Captain brushed by him.

A few seconds passed and (Y/n) poked her head in the room, her hair in a low bun with two strands on either side of her face, "hey Eren?" Eren jumped at the sound of her voice. "Woah are you okay?" She lifted her hands up as she was trying to prove her innocence.
"Yes sorry, you just scared me." He gave her an innocent smile.

"Oh I'm sorry. Have you seen the captain by any chance?" Eren only stared at her, he just couldn't believe that this woman was married to the captain. She was so... sweet looking... But to be fair, she looked extremely terrifying when killing titans.

'What did she see in the captain?' he thought to himself.

(Y/n) waved her hand, seeing as Eren seemed to be lost in another world, snapping him out of it.

"Yeah he just went up to check on the room I cleaned." He finally managed to answer.

"Are you okay?" She asked, seeing how pale he was and how he struggled to answer her.

"Yeah just..." He looked down unsure if he should continue, "I didn't know the Captain was married." He added, but quickly regretted it as he covered his mouth. "Sorry, I know it's none of my business just-"

"Don't worry, you're not the first to be surprised by that," she leaned against the door frame, "even I'm still in shock that I'm married to him." She smiled at Eren, who took a seat on the only chair in the room.

"You must have been really special for him to be convinced to marry you." Eren added, but regretted it again realizing how rude that might have come off as. He looked up to find her chuckling at his comment.

"Actually it was the opposite."

"What do you mean?"

"It was him who had to convince me to marry him." She laughed as Eren's eyes widened in complete shock, even his jaw dropped a little.

"What are you two talking about." Both of them stood up straight as the captain re-entered the room, they tried to cover their smiles but failed miserably.

"Nothing Captain." She turned and faced him, "Eren was just telling me where I could find you, but looks like my hunt is over."

"What do you want." Eren never noticed it before but the Captain's voice did change a little when talking to (Y/n), still a stern monotone but a "nicer" monotone.

"Oluo broke a chair while sitting on it and managed to bite his tongue again, he asked me to ask you if he could be relieved of cleaning for the rest of today." Levi rolled his eyes and nodded.

He turned his attention back on Eren, "as for you, your cleaning abilities are unacceptable, back upstairs now." Eren turned to (Y/n), she only shrugged and smiled knowing she couldn't do anything to help him.

As Eren made his way up the stairs he could hear them talk in the distance, "I cleaned our room as best as I could, but there's this lingering smell coming from the floor and I can't get it to go away, you'll have to deal with that." She said.

Eren couldn't believe it, they even shared a room? Like a real married couple!

A/N: So this is where the story starts to get interesting because of the relationship stuff!! So 🍋's COMING SOON.

Also as I mentioned in the description, I am following the anime and manga a little but making a few changes, like the kill counts for Levi's squad BECAUSE I THINK THEY'RE MORE BAD ASS THAN THAT!

Anyways hope you enjoy :)

-J