𝔢𝔭𝔦𝔩𝔬𝔤𝔲𝔢!

✧・゚: 𝔠𝔢𝔪𝔢𝔱𝔢𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔰 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔩𝔡 𝔤𝔥𝔬𝔰𝔱𝔰!

2018

Bobbi Adler stood with his hands in the front pockets of his jeans as he stared at his mother's grave with a blank face that also held a smidge of misery. The twenty-nine-year-old swallowed the lump in his throat while thoughts of what his mother was like crossed his mind. He never did have the chance to properly get to know her or even remember her face without pictures. Without the multitude of photo albums that his uncle had, Bobbi would've probably just imagined what Valencia looked like. And looking at pictures of Valencia showed Bobbi how much he resembled his mother. There was not one part of Bobbi that he inherited from Steven. Well, maybe his smile. But that was strictly it. Maybe that was why Steven refused to look him in the eye for the better part of his life.

A sigh erupted from Bobbi's mouth as his eyes traced over the engraved words on the tombstone: 1966-1989. Only twenty fucking three years. That's the best the universe could give Valencia. Bobbi had plenty of time to mull over his mother's death, but it never got easier. It never got easier to hear that Valencia was buried six feet under the dirt in some high-class cemetery near Beverly Hills. It also didn't get easier to visit the cemetery every five months or so. Bobbi despised this place because he came to terms with the fact that he would never ever formally see his mom. And that was a shitty feeling to endure. Bobbi's emotions were hindered for a moment when a hand came down on his shoulder in a comforting manner.

"How you holding up, kid?" Tommy asked as he now stood by Bobbi's side, his hand still on the young man's shoulder. Bobbi didn't even spare a glance at his uncle. He didn't ignore Tommy out of hatred. Not at all. It was more so the fact that Bobbi didn't want to take his eyes off the grave for some odd reason. As if it would disappear if he chose to look away. And while it seemed like Bobbi didn't want Tommy to be here, he actually appreciated a bit of company considering the morbid circumstance.

"It's a fucking curse that I didn't get to spend more time with her. In my mind, it's just bullshit, but you know, I'm alright I guess," Bobbi replied with utmost indifference just to try to make it seem like this wasn't bothering him. In reality, he knew he wasn't alright and so did Tommy. The drummer was the one to raise Bobbi right after Valencia died and Steven went on his insane heroin binge. The guy was in and out of rehab for the longest time and the media publicized that plenty of times. Tommy read each headline and wondered when he would be able to get Bobbi back to his rightful guardian. It never happened though.

"You have every right to feel that way. I feel the same way. Val was such a fucking pain in the ass, but she was my little sister. Nothing would actually make me hate her. I remember when she put one of my favorite shirts and her pink socks in the washing machine and it turned my shirt this ugly faded pink color. I was pissed."