...you probably have some...

~Jay point of view, that evening~

I take my bag and leave the house to go to swimming practice. Swimming competitions and working towards those competitions is the best thing next to music! I am having 2 hours of practice today and I'm probably going to swim like 4 kilometers. That's not a lot at all! In the vacations, I have two 2-hour practices: one in the morning and one in the evening every day and those aren't just 4 kilometers! Nope, 5 to 7 kilometers most of the time! So this practice, I will swim about 160 lanes today! I'm already excited! Swimming practices are so nice, I'll explain a few things:

the practices are versatile: you have five styles and several objects you can use. The styles are: breast stroke, free style, back stroke, butterfly and medley. Medley are the four others in this perticular order: butterfly, back stroke, breast stroke, free style. These objects are always with me when I go to swimming practice:

The length can also change from mostly 25, 50, 75, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 800 and sometimes even 1000 or 1500 meters in one go! I absolutely love swimming and when I have a competition and my coach tells me what I'm signed up for, I already...

The length can also change from mostly 25, 50, 75, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 800 and sometimes even 1000 or 1500 meters in one go! I absolutely love swimming and when I have a competition and my coach tells me what I'm signed up for, I already feel the adrenaline rushing through my veins. The moment the serie before me is swimming and I'm standing in front of the starting block, the adrenaline rushing through my veins, I put my mind on zero and stare at the water and focus on what I need to swim. It's a great feeling! I practice about 16 hours a week, but I don't mind having a swimming practice at 6.30 am before school on Wednesday. But anyways. I just arrived at the pool and enter the dressing room of the boys. All the others are there, probably breaking something. I'm serious, they broke the ceiling several times! Me and Jason, a classmate and second best of the swimming club, never tag along with the rest when they are making trouble again. In general, we all get along with each other! It is a lot of fun in between the competitions, we then sit in the dressing room together. Even the girls sit with us! We play games, watch videos or movies, talk or take pics for social media! Some people read a book or make some homework. I put my clothes on the shelf above the bench and take my swimming goggles, swimming cap and technique bag (that carries my poolboy and everything). I walk up the stairs to the swimming pool and put my bag in front of my lane. I put my goggles on and then my swimming cap. I lift my goggles up to my forehead and walk over to the whiteboard, where the headcoach always writes the schedule down. Let me see, the warming up is just 3x100m freestyle, then 300m freestyle SKP (Swim Kick Pool. In this case, that means you need to swim 100m, then 100m with a swimming board and at last 100m with a poolboy) and to end the warming up it's 3x100m medley. That's very nice and calm to warm up. Then we have some technique and then we have a pyramid set (basically you go 50m - 100m - 200m - 300m - 400m - 300m - 200m - 100m - 50m in the style they tell you. If there's no style written down, it means it's freestyle. If it says PS, it means Personal Style so the style that suits you the best). Of course, after the set, we have 400m freestyle kick and 100m freestyle loosely as cool down (yes, the practices are litterally warm up - technique - set - cooldown 😂). I walk back to my lane and talk a little with the other swimmers in my lane. Then the coach of our lane comes and tells us it's time to start. Without further explanation, I remind myself what I need to swim and jump in the water the competition way and start my 3x100m freestyle. Let's go!

(Video of the competition way of diving 👇🏻the man explains everything, but watch 1.08 until 1.11 to see the actual dive)

~after the practice~

I sigh as I let my tired body hit my bed. I love it so much, but the set is most of the time the thing killing me. I sigh again as I remind myself I need to put away my towels, hang my swimming trunks to dry and take shower. I slowly stand up and make some hot chocolate too (hot chocolate is the best after a swimming practice or sports in general :-) ). I drink my hot chocolate to recover my muscles and lie in bed, immediately closing my eyes and drifting off to sleep.

~Addison's point of view~

I look at the time on my phone, since I feel like I forgot something. It's 6.00 pm. I try to think what I forgot. The answer is: nothing. Absolutely nothing. Why do I have that feeling then? Oooh, Jay has swimming practice now and I used to watch from the cafeteria every Tuesday. Now that we don't even talk anymore, it feels like I forget something, I still need to get used to that! I decide to go for a run to distract me from my thoughts. I change into my sports outfit and put my Spotify playlist on that contains all the upbeat songs of my favorite artists.

The outfit:

I looked long enough for my sports outfits, because everything was so showy and I don't like that AT ALL! I put my phone in a little back pocket, put my earbuds in and went outside to start running

I looked long enough for my sports outfits, because everything was so showy and I don't like that AT ALL! I put my phone in a little back pocket, put my earbuds in and went outside to start running. I usually run about 7-10 kilometers. I enjoy the song by Kensington (a Dutch band, they're really good) that's bursting into my ears and the fresh air flowing through my lungs, while I make sure the traffic is safe to cross the street.

The song 👇🏻

~after the run, 2 hours later~

I sigh as I let my tired body hit my bed. I love it so much, but the last kilometer is most of the time the thing killing me. I sigh again as I remind myself I still have to take shower. I slowly stand up and make some hot chocolate too (hot chocolate is the best after a run or sports in general :-) ). I drink my hot chocolate to recover my muscles and lie in bed, immediately closing my eyes and drifting off to sleep. I totally forget to answer Roy! I'll do that tomorrow!

___________________________

What did you think off this chapter? I'm sorry if the sports were too much for you, I think it's important to know that sports are a great way to put your mind off of things you think about too much. I really like to get all my anger and frustration out in a heavy swimming practice! And it's a nice chapter without drama this time!
See you next chapter!
All the love ❤️

xxx Dieuwke