Once she's a little calm, Naila says, "Grandma, I will be here later."

"Naila wait," Rosalina calls stopping Charles and Naila in their tracks. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you and I hope at some point you can forgive me."

"I just need to process this all but like I said, I'll be here later."

Crystal and Rosalina exchange quick glances before she says, "Okay sweet pea—I love you."

Naila shudders, an odd feeling overtaking her whole being, but she bypasses it. "I love you too."

Once they were out of the room Charles led Naila to Michael who was now reading a magazine he'd found on a little table. He looks up from the magazine at the sound of Naila's heels clacking against the floor. With no sight of Crystal, Michael places the book down and stands—waiting for any possible news.

"Is everything okay? Where's Crystal?"

"She's in the room and everything is just fine son except for Naila." Michael takes a quick glance at Naila not seeing much wrong with her, instead noticing a smile plastered on her face. "Please just take her home."

"Grandpa don't be silly I'm perfectly fine," Naila continues to smile.

Michael looks to Charles again as Charles mouthed, 'She is not okay trust me.' The only thing Michael could do was nod and gulp. Knowing the trauma she'd been through and now this... he just didn't know how take what her grandfather was saying. If he said everything was just fine, meaning Rosalina that would explain the smile on her face which would be understandable. But, why was everything okay except for Naila?

"Please make sure you get some rest tonight baby girl." Charles places a kiss on her head saying, "I'll call you tomorrow morning."

He walks up to Michael's ear and whispers, "If she breaks, please call me."

The two exchange numbers and goodbyes before Michael led Naila out of the hospital with their final destination being her home.

~

Pain and loss was something Naila wasn't foreign to at all—so her reaction to this situation was normal. Unhealthy, but normal.

By the time they'd got to her house she was adamant about showering and getting the makeup off of her face. So while she did that Michael occupied himself by taking a quick shower and making her a bowl of ice cream with cookies. That was over an hour ago.

With Michael lying peacefully between her legs, his head on her chest, and her hands in his Afro, Naila found this as her comfort. The only thing on her mind at the moment was his nonstop babbling about his brothers and the band they were creating. She needed something to keep her mind at bay and so that's how the conversation came to be.

Mid rant Michael lifts his head up causing Naila to remove her hands from his hair. Her silence was taking a toll on him causing him to worry more each minute. "Baby are you okay?"

"I'm fine Michael," Naila sighs, rubbing her eyes.

"Talk to me I want to know what's on your mind right now."

"Well..." she starts propping up on her elbows a little as if she were looking at him. "I was enjoying the rant about your brother's band."