Reunion (3/3)

-Fluff/Angst   ⚠️ Death, Cancer, Cussing

Summary: After exactly 2 years of inconsistent streams, and appearances on others' streams, and overwhelming stress and longing for home, plus another 3 miserable months of mourning and sending her grandmothers possessions to where she wished in her will, Y/n returns home and instantly goes to the one person she longed for the most.

———————————

The funeral hadn't gone too great.

While all your grandmother's wishes were full-filled, at least the ones relating her funeral, your sister had gotten drunk. While everyone else attending had thought she'd just be numb or a sobbing mess, she had only started causing a scene, yelling and spiting out disrespectful nonsense to you and your mom, who had visited frequently.

She claimed that had she been the one caring for "the old woman," she'd still be alive and her kids wouldn't be crying. Of course not forgetting to mention how she would've gotten the ownership of your grandmother's property.

While you knew none of it was true, your mom reassuring you of that, that wasn't enough to stop you from doubting or to keep you from feeling shittier about yourself.

Had your sister taken responsibility for your grandmother, the sweet elder would've passed long ago. Your sister would've only done it for the money and property. Unfortunately that was just how your sister was.

After that was the month long process of sending your grandmother's things to their new owners, family and friends.

One box wrapped in beautifully detailed paper was to given to your niece when she turned 18. Another box decorated with similar design was given to you and Sykkuno, labeled "happy marriage, my babies," then was another box given to you and Sykkuno, just as beautiful, labeled, "my dear grand-baby," which made you chuckle.

Gran had always insisted on you having a baby since the day she met Sykkuno, making no attempt to keep her wish a secret.

You found it ironic. For two weeks before meeting your grandmother, Sykkuno had been a wreck, afraid that she'd disapprove of your relationship no matter how much you reassured him. Yet, he immediately understood why you were so calm about the situation when he was greeted with a tight hug when he stepped into the house. He admitted that night that he felt dumb for almost pissing himself during the plane ride from how nervous he had been.

That confession was something you would never let him catch a break from.

Not even an hour after arriving had passed before she had questioned when you were "getting married, and better, having a baby," out of the blue while watching a show.

You didn't see Sykkuno's reaction straight away since you were to busy yelling at your grandma for being so straightforward and invasive while she laughed like there would be no tomorrow. You did however catch what he said in response.

"W-well not any time soon, but I-I'd like both to happen eventually."

That sent your grandma into heaven. Immediately pulling the two of you to the ground next to her in order to look at baby items in a magazine she had gotten a month or so prior when her friends granddaughter announced her pregnancy.

She was absolutely devastated when you explained that the two of you broke up so you could take care of her. She made you FaceTime him as soon as you told her, ignoring the fact that it was 2am back in LA. Much to her enjoyment, Sykkuno had answered almost immediately.

The following hour was spent with her talking to him, bringing up what she said to be your inevitable marriage and children, much to your embarrassment. You used dinner as an excuse to leave the blushing man on the screen of your laptop alone with the happy woman.

That entire hour was full of playful banter, your grandmother's laugh, and teasing. Much like every Tuesday and Friday.

The following week was spent packing and riding of perishable food. Anything you didn't finish off was given to your grandma's friend who insisted on not wasting food.

The flight to LA was long, but you fell asleep shortly after getting into the air, having been woken up by the flight attendant after landing.

"Scared me there. You were out the entire flight," the woman says playfully, "you okay?"

"Oh," you hum looking around to see a nearly empty plane, "yeah, I'm sorry. I just haven't been sleeping well lately. Thank you for waking me, miss."

"No problem!"

The girl left you to collect your things. You nearly jumped the stairs and ran to the luggage belt. Rae would be picking you up for breakfast so you could catch up before dropping you off at home.

It took you a few minutes to collect yourself when you arrived at the home you shared with your boyfriends for several years. You rang the doorbell which Sykkuno had informed he got fixed a while after you moved. It had been busted for months before. You were patient whole waiting for the male to open the door, Rae still hadn't left, waiting till you were inside.

"Hello," a raspy voice calls as the door opens.

There stood Sykkuno, bedhead confirming your assumption that he'd just woken up. His tired look instantly disappearing when he realized who was on his doorstep.

"Hey," you smile, "guess I forgot the key again."

FIN.
Word Count: 910

Q: Current favorite artist?
A: Tomorrow x Together (if thats wasn't obvious by my profile lol)

Sorry for such a long wait for this chapter. Thank you for 200+ reads already, thats really fucking insane guys. I really appreciate it.

Thank you for the support everyone,
Lee ❤️

★彡 𝒲𝒶𝓁𝓁𝒻𝓁𝑜𝓌𝑒𝓇 彡★    ➳  『Sykkuno Scenarios』On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara