Questions I've gotten

This round of questions are from ROYALzombie

How did I start off?
I don't know if you mean start doing it or how I actually start shifting but I'm gonna answer both.

- I started by accident, thought it was an extremely weird experience and then I learned it was an actual thing. Then I started researching and decided to give it a shot.

- I usually lay down in my bed and clear my mind, then I just kind of slip into a different reality.

What do you do every night to get ready to shift?

I highly recommend not doing it every night because it is mentally exhausting, although with both factors of doing it before bed so I can sleep right after and the fact that I'm high functioning even when I'm mentally exhausted kind of give me an edge.

Personally I take a nice relaxing shower. You might want to use the restroom before attempting to shift as well so you have as little distractions as possible. (Your body can and will pull you out of a shift)

What method I use

As in normal life I wing it, I use some elements of the Raven Method but it's really up to you how you want to slip into your subconscious. You don't have to do it how everyone else is telling you.

Is there anything important I need to know in order to shift?

If you shift too many times (Ie. Everyday) then you're gonna get headaches, but that's the only side affect I know of. You need to calm your brain (as easy as that sounds) keep it clear when you're trying to shift. Only focus on where you want to be. Imagine where you want to be and let your subconscious take over.

Do I actually need to meditate every night?

No, it could be helpful in calming your brain, but it's not necessary in order to shift. I don't meditate.

How do I make it easier to shift

Imagine where you want to be (Ie. Avengers tower common room, or the backseat of a vehicle one of your characters drives, a bedroom) that will give your subconscious something to build on and will help you in the long run. 

Shifting takes practice, lots of it, if you can't do it the first few times, that's okay! Just practice and eventually you'll get it.

Right now I can only shift just inside my room in the bunker. Although with time, I'll be able to interact with the characters of the world.

How long does it actually take to shift.

I recommend counting to 100 or a reasonable number. It's an easy thing for your brain to recognize and relax while doing. (It's why counting can help with things like panic and anxiety attacks)

Eventually you'll shift without even realizing it and you'll stop counting without notice. Just relax and allow your subconscious control.