Calm Before The Storm

Exactly what the title says, plus smut!

Chapter 26 - Scott's POV

Kevin and Kirstie had left, wishing us good luck at getting some sleep. We'd catch up with them on the weekend.

Avi had been set up in the guest bedroom by Dee. Mom and Dee had packed up all of Miles's belongings and when Avi's Dad had come back to drop off a change of clothes and toiletries for Avi, he had taken it all away to deliver to Miles's Mother. At the same time he intended interviewing her for the possible whereabouts of her son. He didn't expect any joy. She wasn't exactly the co-operative type. Never-the-less it was part of the job. He told everyone when he'd return for a drive by and then bid everyone good night.

Dee and Mom agreed that the room Miles had been living in needed stripping back to bare walls and repainting before refurnishing. They were discussing it over dinner in the kitchen. We all felt more secure in Dee's domain and she did too. Dad told Mitch to take the following day off and to hang around the house with me and the women. He said it would make him feel better. We all gave a sigh of relief when Mitch agreed to stay here with us.

Connie would have summed it up like this, it wasn't that Mitch was a hefty guy and outwardly menacing, it was rather that he made everyone feel better. He had that calming influence where everyone just listened to him and wanted to make him happy. Also he was quite a nicely packaged young man. He definitely had definition and a quiet confidence. Some people just have that 'it' factor. 'I can see why my son finds him extremely attractive.'

Avi headed to his room for a quick nap before making his first rounds of the evening. Richard and Connie withdrew to the Library for an aperitif and some discussion on what to do now that Connie was without a regular driver. Dee decided to bake. Everything was still in uproar in her head and while she knew it was as under control as it could be for the time being, she couldn't sit still. So out came the mixing bowls, flour and other ingredients and she set out to soothe her jangled nerves with the calm of sugar and yeast.

.......................

Mitch and I headed upstairs to my room. Dee had changed the bedding, there were fresh candles on the side tables and the en suite had fresh towels. There were some fresh clothes on the window seat that were obviously for Mitch and his belongings from across in the pool house had been laundered and placed in a pile. We checked in the bathroom, and his toiletries were lined up in the bathroom next to mine. I happened to check the side table top drawers and found the other necessities had been brought to the new drawer too.

Mitch giggled and so did I. "Dee is an amazing woman."

"Yes she is," Mitch agreed. "Why doesn't she get married?"

"I guess she hasn't met Mr Right?" Scott made an 'I have no idea' face and we both giggled. But it was nervous sounding. I guess we weren't about to relax and feel safe just yet. I didn't want to go to sleep, but the bed looked inviting.

Lit a couple of candles, more for a soft light than for mood. I took off my shoes and socks, then stripped down to my boxers and got into the bed. I gave a small moan as I slid between the high thread count crisp sheets and felt them against my skin. Mitch happily removed his own clothing and slipped in beside me. He practically did the same thing, and starfished under the covers just to feel the fabric rub against him.

"Can we just snuggle, Monkey?" I asked him.

"Sure, Scotty."

He rolled over on to his side and I did the same and spooned him, bringing him close against my chest with my free arm, the other under my head. We stayed like that, talking in soft tones about the day's events, our trepidations about the uncertain future and also the good things like the music and how the group felt to include me in their sound. Mitch assured me that the rest had asked him to make me an offer to join them.