Aunt Featherington walks into the parlor. "Marina? Time for the modiste. We must see to your trousseau."

Marina follows Aunt Featherington out of the room.

Philipa scoffs. "She is so lucky. A whole new wardrobe and a handsome husband. Between the two of them, they will make the most beautiful baby."

"He is not the father, you dunderhead!" Prudence tells her through a laugh.

Philipa chuckles. "Oh, my goodness! I clean forgot."

"Do not laugh at him! She makes a fool of him already," Penelope tells them.

Prudence scoffs. "Ugh! You are no fun anymore."

"Was I ever?" Penelope questions.

Tonight Colin, Anthony, and Lady Bridgerton are joining us for dinner. Marina stands at the top of the stairs before walking down towards the rest of us.

"Turn, please. Profile," Aunt Featherington instructs. Marina does as Aunt Featherington asks. "Swish." Marina looks at her. "Swish!" Marina gives in and moves her arms forward and back. "Good. You have done well thus far, Miss Thompson. Tonight, I shall need to raise the matter of a swift wedding."

Penelope chuckles. "I am... very sorry. But this plan of yours, I find it wanting. Deceiving Colin is one thing, but being at close quarters with his mother, that is quite another. Lady Bridgerton is shrewd. She has had eight children. Trust she knows when she is being managed."

The diner is dull. I find myself wishing for Benedict's company. Even at the dullest of balls, or picnics, or dinners he was always one to make me laugh.

"What were your favorite pastimes in the country?" Lady Bridgerton asks Marina.

"I enjoyed riding above all else, my lady," Marina tells her.

"Please, you must call me Violet now. Remember?" Lady Bridgerton says.

"Miss Thompson is such a proper young lady, is she not?" Aunt Featherington offers.

"Have you traveled at all beyond England, Miss Thompson? It has long been Colin's greatest ambition to travel the world," Lady Bridgerton says.

"Never. Though it is now a great ambition of mine as well," Marina tells her.

"I am sensing a honeymoon in foreign parts. What think you, Lord Bridgerton?" Aunt Featherington asks.

"I would not like to speculate," Anthony replies.

"Yes, indeed. I believe a honeymoon in foreign parts would be just the thing. Mr. Bridgerton, you might even make the most of this fine weather we've been having if you choose to marry sooner rather than later," Aunt Featherington offers.

"Colin is still very young. I believe a lengthier engagement would be prudent, excellent weather notwithstanding," Anthony states.

"Mother, have I told you Miss Thompson is very accomplished at needlework? She is quite brilliant. Puts my sisters to shame," Colin says.

"I can assure you, that is not true," Marina insists.

"You have not seen my sister Daphne's embroidery. In all honesty, it is like a battlefield," Colin remarks.

After dinner we sit in the parlor. Philipa plays the pianoforte as Prudence tries her best to sing in tune but does not succeed. Anthony sits down on the other end of the lounge under the window.

"Diana. I do not wish for you to be angry with me. You have to understand. I see you as a little sister," Anthony tells me. I smile slightly. "I do not want Benedict to hurt you. I do not want for him to be the reason you cannot find a husband."