The First Time We Laid Eyes

"..Everyone is invited!!" I heard the Weasley twins yell from in front of the doors to the great hall. I looked at Blaise as he was already looking at me, I turned around to see Draco giving his well known Malfoy smirk. I rolled my eyes and smiled a little as I turned back around and walked into the great hall.

We all sat down starting to eat breakfast, I had a book in my lap as I normally did.

My name was said coming from behind me, I threw my legs over the bench to only see the tall muscular boy with fluffy light brown hair hanging over his light green eyes." Y/N are you going to the party?", "Ya she'll be there,  right Y/N?" Blaise said which took be out of my thoughts. 

"Sorry uh, ya I will" I said slightly stuttering. "Cool i'll see you there" Cedric said then slowly walking back to the Hufflepuff table as we were all Slytherins.

"Wtf just happened to being a natural flirter." Draco said slightly chuckleing. "Shut up, I was just thinking" "Ya Draco give her mouth a break after she takes all the d-" "BLAISE." I cut him off instantly.

"Hello students.." Dumbledore said quieting everybody. "Sorry for the interruption but if all of you can face me, there will be a new student joining Hogwarts today."

Many voices began to whisper mostly about who the new kid was. It was barley a thing that students would join near the middle of the year none the less that Dumbledore would even allow that.

 The doors to the great hall open, every face looked towards the loud sound. I did for a moment then just brought my head back to to my book. It was probably just a shy girl moving here from somewhere and would get into Ravenclaw. 

I heard multiple girls start whispering about the charming man. It did surprise me it was boy but i wasn't gonna give attention to it.

 I was never really one to give boys the attention they wanted which caused more to like me,  it never affected me much though because I didn't have the need for one in my life.But me curiosity got the best of me and I finally looked up to see what every girl was so talkative about. I saw a lot. I just wasn't sure of what that was.

The tall and muscular body walked closer to the chair where he was going to get sorted into a house.

He turned around and curly dark brown hair covered his eyes. He had a buttoned up white shirt which wasn't buttoned all the way letting his chest show a little. Black trousers which showed he was wearing blazers. The same as me.

 He brushed his hand threw his hair meeting my eyes with his dark black ones. The first time I had looked into his eyes all I could feel was cold and emotionless, I wanted to know more.

 Dumbledore still talking he finally announced he was going to be a Slytherin, it was after that announcement that had changed every persons face in the room.

"SLYTHERIN." Our table clapped out for the added student along with the other houses. "Mr. Riddle you may have seat at the table now."

Every person's face went blank as the professors looked at one another in anxiety. We were all very familiar with the family for obvious reasons. Not only his dad but him, the infamous stories of the quote 'child of the devil'. I was told of it more being a myth of his kids' existence but this boy just proved otherwise. 

The entire room fell silent. You could have dropped a penny and it would have been heard by everyone.

I turned to look at Blaise and Draco but Draco caught me off guard first. He looked like he was in a sweat, his fists tight, and his jaw clenched. I ignored it and started hearing what everyone else started saying.

All the whispers had started up again but this time "..KILLER", "how dare he be here", "he is probably a psychopath." 

Even I had my own thoughts of why the hell Dumbledore would let someone like Harry Potter and Voldemort's son under the same roof. 

The boy got up from the chair with his hands in his pockets looking like he could give less of a fuck. 

"Well, that was all thank you students, and I'm sure we will all make Mr. Riddle feel welcomed here," Dumbledore announced hesitantly.

"That was unexpected, to say the least," Blaise said after a few minutes of silence between us all. I cleared my throat before speaking, "A Riddle, that's intense. I'm surprised Dumbledore allowed this, especially with Potter here. I can't imagine that confrontation." 

I looked over to the dark-haired boy that sat at the end of the table and thought, 'A Riddle. That is interesting.' 

Draco's face still looked dead, almost angry at this point. He sat up straight and swirled his tongue on the inside of his mouth. "Whatever," He said quietly and fast. 

I pushed my body up and stepped around the bench, "I'm gonna talk to him" I said.

"What," Draco said shooting his eyes into mine. Even I was questioning slightly but fuck it, I guess. "You heard what I said, I'm not gonna repeat myself now." 

"Well, have fun," Blaise said with a slight scoff. "It's her new bait. Maybe not the best choice but at least its not the devil" He said looking to Draco.

"I would have chosen the Devil over him," Draco replies.

I felt Draco's eyes daggering my back as I made my way toward the dark-haired boy. My stomach quickly dropped realizing what I was really doing. He was the son of a killer. A cold-blooded killer. His own dad.

I stopped in front of him at blank. His eyes moved up scanning my body slowly then met my eyes.  I felt a shiver down my spine.

"Yes?" He questioned with a big smirk painted across his face.

He caught me out of my thoughts, "Nice shoes." 

What the fuck. Why did I just say that? I sound like an idiot.

He scoffed and looked down. "That's how you start a conversation with people you're trying to flirt with?" He said.

What? 

"Cocky aren't you?" I say not really questioning. "Caught me," He said sarcastically. 

"Well there's a party tonight. Gryffindor common room. 9 pm." I said.

He looked to their table and so did I. Harry. Ron, and Hermione staring straight at us. Great.

He licked his lips before speaking, "sounds like it's gonna be shit."

"Ah, I see. Too cool for parties well you have fun in ur little dark corner Mr??" I questioned and waited for him to say his name.

"Mattheo, Mattheo Riddle," He said slowly. The last name sent a shiver down my spine.

"Well Mr. Mattheo Riddle hope to see you there." beginning to head back to Draco and Blaise.

"Im sure you do" he said.

Hello if your reading this im so sorry i didn't really start taking this serious till about the 5-7 chapter so pls bare with me lol.