District 11

Let me tell you how intimidating standing in a room filled with people that you will soon kill you is. Well, it's not fun. And to make matters worse, I'm a tree. I think I'm going to die before I can even get into the games. I look around the room and think it could be worse. I could've been a pink peacock, or even naked with sea shells on my parts, or covered in black powder. But no, I'm a tree.

I'm desperately looking around the room for Caleb, even though I hate him at least we can both stand there looking stupid. I see him on the other side of the room talking to two people that are silver and gold looking. Uh oh. District 2. Why is he talking to them? They're careers. They're going to be the ones to kill most of us.

And Jessica is from District 2. Crap. Ok, not going to go over to Caleb. But as it turns out I don't have a choice in that cause as soon as I turn around I hear, "Johanna! Come over here." Everyone in the room looks at me, I turn around and see Caleb looking at me like everyone else. Ok, so if it wasn't him that called me than...

To my left Blight is at the District 12 Chariot. He's looking at me with a satisfied look on his face, like he's just achieved his life goal. Congratulations Blight, you have just succeeded in making my life even shorter, because it hadn't already been cut by about 50 years!

I make my way over to Blight quickly cause if he calls out to me like that again I think I might as well be wearing what District 4 and 12 are wearing. Speaking of District 12, I think Blight is speaking to their mentor. Harry? No... Oh that's right, it's, "Haymitch, I would like you to meet Johanna Mason, District 7's Female tribute."

Why does Blight look proud? That little. Blight knows how strong I am and he's showing me off. Behind this scarred act he knows that I can probably kill some people. How dare he. "Nice, I must say Blight, you might have a chance this year. Compared to my love sick puppies." So they are boyfriend and girlfriend. That has to be the most unluckiest thing to happen. "And the stylists did they same as last year."

Haymitch sounds like he's got the hardest life ever. Yes, he went into the games as well, but he won. He has a ton of money at his disposal yet he spends it all on liquor. He lives in the poorest district and he spends it all on liquor. Why not give some to the rest of your district, who, by the way, are starving. Remind me if I ever get into a fight with Haymitch to bring this up. I understand that Blight can't really cause District 7 is so big. But District 12 is quite small compared to the rest.

"So, what have we got this year?" Blight says that like it's amusing. Like he's become one of those capitol people. "Not too bad, except for the careers of course. District 1 is Natasha Conseo, 17 and Sam Clafston, 18. Natasha volunteered and Sam was reaped, but for some reason no one volunteered, must've been him that was meant to go. District 2 we've got Jessica Rielly, 16 and Chris Bean, 17. There-" "She's only 16?" I blurted out before i could even stop my self. Haymitch just stares at me. "What? She doesn't look 16." "Anyway..."

I end up leaving because I don't really want to know more about who's going to kill me. Over all the noise that is going on I hear a faint crying. In the corner is a little girl who looks to be about 12. No one is looking at her so I decide to go and see what going on. " Hello? Are you ok?" She looks up at me and I realise that it's the girl from District 3. "I'm fine." She wipes her eyes. before I can say anything an announcement comes through. "Tributes, please go to your chariots." I turn back to the girl but she's gone.

"You ready?" Caleb asks me when he gets into the chariot. "Yes Caleb, I'm ready to see the people who will be betting on when I die. Cant wait." He doesn't respond which is good. "Ok, now. Make sure that you wave to the people so that you can get more sponsors. The more sponsors you get the larger chance you have to live."

Not win. Just survive longer. "So don't look at them like they're idiots." He turns to me. "Well they are idiots." I mutter under my breath. I think Blight hears that but if he does he doesn't say anything. "And don't look like an idiot." He turns to Caleb and glares at him like it's his specialty. "I already look like an idiot with the costume." I think he's trying to mutter that under his breath, but he didn't do to well.

For the first time I look around the room to see what everybody is wearing. District 1 are dressed as pretty pink peacocks. Haha. They're ruthless alright. District 2 are gold and silver, like the olden day Knights. Ok. Now that was a bit ruthless.

District 3 looked strange, they had like silver disks in their head. The girl I saw before crying is there, I guess that was Angie, the little girl that got reaped. I wonder how she feels, her first year at the reaping and she gets reaped. Jack was freaking out a lot so I can just imagine how she feels.

District 4 as I said before is naked with shell covering their parts. Me being a tree is pretty bad but I'm glad I'm at least wearing clothes. District 5 look like silver Suns. Their head piece is a circle around their head. Not quite sure what that has to do with power but what ever. Not my problem. District 6 look the same but a bit more gold like for transportation. Why? I have no idea.

We look like tree, I'm sure you've heard my complaints before so I won't go again. District 8, textiles, is dressed in pinks and blue to look colourful. District 9's costume looked like rows and rows of grain, silver grain. Strange. Than again we're in the Capitol, so. I'm not that surprised.

District 10 is dressed up a cowboy and cowgirl, but all golden, is that like a theme this year? Gold? District 11 were dressed farmer like with weird head pieces that I can't explain. District 12 are naked just like with black powder on them to try to cover them up. Let's just say it didn't go to well.

"Ok, good luck. Remember. Wave. Smile. Look happy." Blight really expects me to be happy? I give him a look but he doesn't respond just moves out of the area. The huge doors at the front of the room open and District 1 start to move.