"This is to help us all understand which one out of you beautiful six girls looks the best with my grandson here." 

"Why do we need photographs? That could be decided right now just by looking at them," my mother said, rolling her eyes. 

"Did I ask you, Arabella? Exactly, no. So keep quiet." 

I bit back a laugh and listened quietly. 

"Photographs are very important when it comes to a royal couple and royal families. This will help us see who looks the best with Archer and take him a step closer to choosing his wife. So tomorrow at noon. Be ready, ladies." She walked away, shooting me a look. 

"A photoshoot!" Chloe squealed as soon as my grandmother left the room. She left with Carol, both of them talking about which dresses they will wear. 

"A photoshoot?" Evelyn asked, looking at me. 

"You'll look great." 

"No, I hate getting pictures clicked. My mother hates me for it," she scoffed. 

"We'll manage." 

She looked at me quizzically. 

"I hate getting pictures taken too," I shrugged. 

"And you get them taken all the time." Her nose scrunched up. 

"Yes, I do," I sighed, nodding my head. 

.·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·.

I knocked on her door as I stepped out of my room. It was currently eight and we were heading out for dinner. I was waiting for her to come out and then we would leave. 

"Come in!" she called out. 

I opened the door and saw her bathroom door open where she stood, tying her hair. 

She had her hair pulled back in a low, elegant bun with strands framing her face. She was wearing a gorgeous emerald green dress with black heels and she had small hoops in her ears. She flicked the light off and came outside, stopping in her tracks when she saw me. "Oh, hi!" She smiled, straightening out her dress. She scanned the room and then decided she wasn't leaving anything behind. "Am I late?" she asked, glancing at the clock. 

"Not at all," I said absentmindedly while my eyes took her in. 

She stood in front of me, rubbing her palms on her dress. "Archer," she cleared her throat. 

I blinked, looking up at her face. 

She had a little bit of makeup on, I could tell from the small brown wing in the corner of her eyes and the way her cheeks were glowing with tiny specks of glitter which I saw when she walked over. 

"Yes?" I snapped out of it when she snapped her fingers in front of my face. 

She raised her brows at me questioningly. 

"You look... wow," I mumbled, checking her out again. 

"Thank you," she smiled, her cheeks getting a touch pinker. "You look very handsome," she complimented in return. 

"Thank you," I bowed my head. "Shall we?" I extended my arm and she linked her own with mine. I flicked the lights to her room off on our way out and then we headed downstairs. I pulled her to the dining hall where we said bye to everyone. 

She didn't want to do that, but not only did my grandmother tell me earlier that she wanted to see us before we left, but I also wanted to rub it in my mother's and Chloe's face. 

I saw my grandmother smacking my father's arm. "Look at how wonderful they look together," she said. 

My father whispered something in response but I couldn't hear him. 

"Enjoy your night," Caroline sang, waving at us. 

"You both look so good, have fun!" Mila grinned. 

"Have a good time," my father nodded. 

Nobody else said anything. 

"Bye," Evelyn waved at everyone, and then we continued walking out. 

Jonathan was ready when we got there. 

I went and opened the passenger side door for Evelyn and then took the keys from him upon walking back. "Take your leave, please," I nodded. 

"Thank you, your majesty," he bowed his head before walking away to the staff quarters. 

I climbed in and then started driving. I rolled both our windows down and caught her smiling, looking out of the window. 

"Archer?" 

"Yes?" 

"Would you mind if we stop by at my house on our way back? I would like to see my parents," she said softly. 

"Of course, we'll stop on our way back," I agreed. 

"Thank you." 

I glanced at her, watching her gleam. "Anytime," I smiled to myself while keeping my eyes on the road. 

Around ten minutes later, we reached the restaurant. And it wasn't Fun & Food. 

"I thought we decided nowhere fancy," she frowned in confusion. 

"Clearly, that was a lie when you said you wanted to eat at Fun & Food." 

"Why do you say that?" she scoffed. 

"You aren't dressed for Fun & Food. You're dressed for a fancy restaurant," I smirked. 

"I should have known when I saw you, but then again, you dress like this every day," she shrugged. 

I chuckled, turning the car off and stepping out, getting the door for her and taking her hand, leading her inside. 

She's not wrong. 

I do dress like this every day. I was wearing a simple white button-up. I lost the blazer for tonight and rolled up the sleeves, leaving the first two buttons open like I do every day. 

"Your majesty," the waiter bowed his head and then led us to the table. 

I booked for a secluded table in the back. It was situated beside the huge glass window that had a view of the garden which held their outdoor tables. 

"This is very fancy," she said while I pulled out her chair for her. 

"You won't regret it," I whispered in her ear before going and taking my seat.

.

.

.

.

.

Chapter 20

PSA: I found people who match what I picture the characters to look like and I put that up on the characters/aesthetics page so make sure to go check that out and let me know what you think of the people I chose.

next chapter: life