Dean

When we decided to go back home until the next full moon, Cas told me he needed to go back to heaven for a while. He had disappeared so suddenly and apparently the bosses were getting mad at him. He said he was getting rid of his grace soon as well. Hopefully in a month or so. He didn't say goodbye to Sam. I was glad he told me before hand however. At least he wouldn't MIA for three weeks while I worried to death about him. I didn't want to see him go again. The time without him hurt almost. Something about him made me need him; made me go insane.

Sam fell back into his routine of hanging with Jess. We all went bowling one weekend. It felt good to apart of Sam's life like that. I didn't have a childhood. I was always being drug around by Dad, but because of me, Sam did have a childhood. I only wanted to take Sam on this one hunt, then never again. We were doing it for Kevin. That's it. Sam's hunting career would end just as quickly as it started.

When the following full moon came closer and Cas never showed, I began to worry. Sam and I traveled back over to the town for a weekend to check out the guy one more time. I met him at a bar and gave him false information on me, so I could get some back on him. He spent most nights alone. His job took a lot out on him. When he was drunk enough, I was also able to find that sometimes he would have mysterious injuries appear almost over night. The weekend of the full moon dawned on us. Cas was still nowhere to be found.
"Sam! Come on. We have to leave. It's getting dark and I wanna make it to town before I'm 80!" I shouted towards his room. He was on the phone with Jess.
"I'm coming. I'm coming." I heard. Soon enough, we were on the road. I was jamming out to AC/DC while Sam had his stupid headphones in.
"Hello, Dean." I heard. The new voice scared me shitless and I slammed on the brakes. The tail of my car went spinning. I had enough control however to not go into a ditch.
"Damn it, Cas!" I yelled seeing his face in the rear view mirror. "Don't scare me like that!"
Sam piped up well aware of what was happening around him now, too.
"Dude! We could have wrecked because of you!"
"My apologies." Cas said with genuine hurt in his voice.
I sighed, unable to stay mad at his cluelessness.
"It's okay. It's a good thing no one else was coming down the road, I guess" I fixed the car and began driving again.
"How did you know we were here?" Sam asked.
"I always know where you are." Cas replied simply.
"Stalker..." Sam whispered.
"Thanks for coming back, Cas."
"I needed to if we are going to help Kevin."
"Yeah, I'm aware."
"Why isn't the little shit coming with us, by the way? This is his deal, but our asses on the line? Sam, I know he's a good kid and all that, but I don't want you hanging out with him anymore. I never wanted you in shit situations like this, but here we are because of him." I let loose what I had been wanting to say all this time. "Why do we care if he made a stupid deal. Heck, he got a pretty good one too. I mean, 15 years! Come on Sam! Why should we help him?"
"Because. That's what you do for friends. Maybe not to this extent, but our family isn't really normal, as I only recently learned. It's not his fault he wanted to mess around. Had I known about this stuff before, we wouldn't be here right now." Sam stared out the window while smoke came out his ears. He was right. I should have told him about the supernatural stuff in the world. We sat in awkward silence. I soon remembered Cas was in the back seat.
"So, Cas. How's heaven?" I inquired trying to change the topic.
"Uh, in shambles I guess. A lot is wrong right now, but it will be okay. Soon, I can leave again."
"That's good..."