.11.

As much as I tried not to be, I was really excited for this weekend. Waking up from a particularly bad sleep (with a nightmare filled with my brother), my spirits were lifted as I realised what today was. My dormmates seemed more excited than I was, not even for their own dates, but for mine (which I refused to call a date. It sounded too desperate).

'Get up!' Camila shouted, before promptly spraying me with an aguamenti which had me rolling off my bed.

'Ow,' I said, laying on the floor. I pushed myself up, giving Camila a dirty look before proceeding to the bathroom to get ready. I could hear Madison grumbling about how single she was, and because I didn't want to miss my friends teasing, I hurried to finish before coming out of the bathroom.

'You look good,' Tami said, to which I returned with a grateful smile. It was a Saturday, meaning I didn't have to wear my robes, but to be honest, I would have preferred to wear them because it really is a struggle picking out an outfit.

My friends all looked amazing as usual, so I commented on that before we left the dorm to eat some breakfast at the Great Hall. It didn't take long for my eyes to spy out Louis, who was sitting opposite me at the Gryffindor table, eyes already on me. He winked, before turning back to his friends.

'Stop blushing,' Trinity teased.

'Oh, it's not like you don't get flustered whenever you see Finnigan-Thomas, now is it?' I smiled gratefully at Madison for the comeback, and finished the last bit of food on my plate.

Later, the girls had left to go on their dates, while I waited for Louis. He walked over, taking my hand and pulling me from the table.

'Ready, love?'

'Yeah,' I said, before following him out the hall.

**

The day, so far, had gone perfectly. After about an hour of browsing the shops, I realised I needed new quidditch gloves, and Louis told me he needed polish for his broom, so we headed into Spintwitches Sporting Needs.

'How about these?' he said, holding up a pair. I studied them for a bit, nodding.

'I like those,' I said, reaching to take them from him, but he ran off to the counter.

'Wha- Louis!' I shouted, running after him, but I was too late and he had already paid for them, and his polish.

'Louis, you didn't have to buy those,' I said, as I reluctantly took them off him.

He winked. 'My treat.'

I rolled my eyes, retaking his hand, and we walked down the alley to find a place for drinks.

'Madam Puddifoots?' he asked, to which I wrinkled my nose in distaste.

'Oh, thank god,' he laughed, and I smiled and suggested the Three Broomsticks.

As we walked in, Madam Rosmerta greeted us, showing us to a booth in the back.

'What can I get for you?'

'Two butterbeers?' he asked me, to which I nodded. Rosmerta smiled, before heading off to get our drinks.

'At least let me pay for this?'

'No way, love,' he said, to which I groaned but didn't question anymore. I knew he wouldn't give in.

**

The rest of the top progressed smoothly, until the end as we were walking back up to the castle. Well, we were walking, chatting about random things, before he suddenly blurted out something I was not expecting.