.08.

I spent most of the next day doing whatever it takes not to punch McLaggen in the face. Alice had told me he had lost 50 points from her house and was receiving a months detention, and while I was upset Gryffindor had to suffer due to his actions, I was glad Professor Longbottom had given him a punishment he deserved. 

Fred had to physically hold me as I noticed McLaggen walk into the library after our recent tutoring session. I'm glad he was there, otherwise I wouldn't have hesitated to hex him.

'He's not worth it,' Fred whispered. 'You'll only get yourself in trouble.'

I nodded, shaking him off and sitting back down. I knew I would just get in trouble if I had acted irrationally towards him, but I so badly wanted to wipe that smug smile off his ugly rodent face.

Fred tried to distract me by telling me that we had charms next, but that just made me more stressed because I realised I had forgotten about an essay on the origins of the Eradication Spell that was due this lesson, presumably as practice for today's practical one. Calming myself, I quickly scribbled down my conclusion, until I heard the library door open and James walked him, coming over to our table. I was upset the third member of their little group was not with him, until I kicked myself under the table and told myself not to be stupid/ 

'Sorry, Higgs,' James said. 'Louis and I need help with a prank, can I steal him for the rest of break?'

I nodded. 'Just make sure you practice that transfiguration homework by tomorrow's lesson, Weasley.'

'Will do, professor,' he said with a grin, and walked out.

** 

Charms was one of my favourite classes. The subject, while I liked it, was not my favourite, but it was the atmosphere that made me enjoy every class. Professor Flitwick, while he was getting a little old, has always been kind to me since I saved him from a falling stack of bookshelves in third year, and I sat next to Madison, who always made the lessons great. And of course, a bonus was that Louis sat behind me. But we don't mention that. 

This lesson was no different. We were practising the Eradication spell, used for dissolving objects and images. We were practising on little boxes, and I had successfully managed to make it disappear. Madison, still shaken up from yesterdays events, had not, but she managed to congratulate me anyway. 

'Sorry to interrupt,' I heard Louis say from beside me. 'But I was hoping I could get some help from the professional.'

Madison took this as her queue to leave and headed over to help Fred, who somehow managed to levitate his box to hit Tami on the head. I would assume it was on purpose.

'You should be talking to Professor Flitwick then,' I said, pulling out a chair for him.

He grinned, while sitting down. 

'Show me what you've got so far.'

'Deletrius,' he said, and the box turned purple. I laughed, and he blushed red. 

'You're moving your wand too much,' I said. 'Here.'

I grabbed his hand and moved it to show him how to flick when casting the spell. He looked at me smiling, which I returned shyly before telling him to try again. 

'Deletrius,' he said, with the correct wand movements. The box dissolved. 

'Good job!' I cheered, to which he laughed.

'Thank you, Professor,' he said, before heading back to his desk. 

I laughed and began talking to Madison again before it was time to leave.