1

1 - white mask ; villain | stella jang

prince dream adored his parents, he really did

prince dream adored his parents, he really did. his mother was very humble and kind regardless of her position as queen, and his father loved his mother very much, doing everything for her. they married purely out of love and dream wanted to have that (his parents also wanted that for him, and gave him the choice of choosing who he wanted to be with when he's grown.). another reason he adored his parents very much was because of how they raised him, when dream was only six years old - naïve and unaware, he told his mom and dad about his love for men, and they didn't look at him with disgust;
instead, they smiled and thanked dream for trusting them enough to tell them.

prince dream was merely ten years old when he lost his parents, killed by those in the kingdom who donned yellow clothing. the young prince never really understood at the time, but then, he'd found out that the king from that wretched kingdom wanted him to be betrothed to his daughter once they turn 18, to combine kingdoms, and dream's parents - aware of his sexuality - didn't want to put dream through something he didn't want to, their boy's happiness means everything to them, plus, the kingdom in yellow was corrupt and power hungry, and their values didn't really merge with theirs.

the little prince was out with the head of the royal guard, philza, when it happened, he wanted to learn how to fight so he was sparring with philza's oldest son, with phil's guidance of course - dream sparred with a talented swordsman with long, pink locks; technoblade. dream could remember techno's other siblings watching them; wilbur, the middle child, was sitting off to the side with a guitar too large for his form. while the youngest and his best friend pretended to spar with sticks, dream could recall when philza brought tubbo in - the orphanage he resided in was burnt down, and he was the only one alive, philza couldn't leave him. techno grew fond of the orphan, saying that tubbo would be the only orphan he'd shield from the world's horrific nature.

dream treated the four boys like his siblings, and philza, was like his second father. after techno and the young prince had finished sparring, they all went home to the castle - they were supposed to accompany the prince, it wasn't a big deal, they loved the bright child's company and they themselves also lived there. it was philza who opened the castle doors, only to find the corpses of maids and guards littering the castle, he then asked the boys to stay outside and to never enter the castle for the sight was too much for any child to bear.

small, naïve prince dream didn't listen and sneaked after phil, despite techno telling him not to. he took the fastest route to his parents' bedroom, and when he opened the door - he screamed. his parents' limbs were scattered across the floor, and the next thing he knew, he was staring at his mother's cold, dead eyes. philza ran into the room and hugged the little prince, shielding him from the sight but it has already been too late.

philza didn't know who did it, but a symbol etched into the king's neck was very telling - it was that damn kingdom. and when they were confronted about it, the king just smiled, telling them that that's what they get for not cooperating with them. the head of the royal guard then took the prince under his wing, raising him to be a strong king, raising him alongside his four sons.

when dream grew up, he changed, well -- what the people saw, changed. the once cheerful child was no more, and in his place was a cold, stoic king who valued logic over emotional attachment, he had to be competent - running a kingdom at the age of eighteen will inevitably cause judgement but he needed to be capable to shut them up. the king also didn't leave his kingdom without his plain, white mask; nobody outside of philza and his siblings has seen him without it on. he was great in combat, and he didn't hesitate to plummet someone to the ground once they've wronged his people. his 'dad', stepped down as head of the royal guard and was replaced by techno. the pink haired knight was dream's right hand man, he did everything the king asked but in their eyes - they were equals, no one was superior, and no one was below who, for they've proven time and time again when they were young that they were skilled in their own ways and didn't need to desperately one up each other and give phil a heart attack.

they don't ever talk about that one time when they were 13, when tommy was somehow accidentally thrown on a tree. nobody knows how it happened, but one thing is for sure; it was because of dream and techno's competitiveness when they were younger.

wilbur is now sixteen, having learned magic and how to utilize his songs with magic was a hard ride but he got there - he's now a skilled mage with an ethereal voice. tommy and tubbo, now fourteen, are both underneath techno's wing - both learning how to swordfight, however, tubbo is also dabbling in magic and will sometimes be seen with wilbur - practicing their craft.

dream ruled over the kingdom with an iron fist, he didn't hurt his civilians but they were intimidated by him. princesses threw themselves at him but he didn't budge, he had accepted that him finding love was unlikely. no boy has caught his eye yet, or, when he fell for one - they end up using him, only wanting to be with him for power, needless to say - techno had fun beating the absolute shit out of that manipulative wench.

the king was content, his family was safe, his civilians were safe and he...well, he's keeping everyone safe, and that's all that matters. dream did not need love, even if he wanted it, he didn't need it.

he didn't know he'd find the persephone to his hades once he takes his white mask off.

-

when george started having dreams about this young prince and his family, he lingered around - like a ghost, passing through walls and watching the blond boy grow up into the ruler he was. whenever he woke up, he felt conflicted - feelings grew, and he doesn't know if he can push it down any longer.

we'll just have to wait and see.