Chapter 23: Sins of a Father

Start from the beginning

(Speaking Russian)

"S-sir I-" he started to say but I raised my hand telling him to stop.

"I'm sure you've had enough time to come up with a lie you think will help you out of this situation. I'm going to allow you to show me more respect than that. Lying will only end this faster. The truth is all I want to hear. Why did you steal from me?" I said

He looked like he was contemplating on being truthful or not.

"Sir...I am sorry but I had no choice."

"I for one know for a fact we all have choices in life. It's up to us to pick the right one. But why did you think stealing from me was correct?"

"My son...he is very sick. All the money I make goes to his medicine but it's no longer working. His doctors say there is a place in America that could help him. I thought it would be enough to pay for his medical fees."

"You stole from me...because of that?" This angered me more than he'll ever understand. "Do you see Luca over there? His parents couldn't afford to live in their home and where going to be homeless. I bought the house and they live their rent free. Jacob..." I said to another one of my men.

"Boss?"

"You recently came to me with a problem. Would you tell him about it?"

"My Sasha. She is a bright girl. Got into a very fancy school but my wife and I could not afford to send her."

"And what did I do?"

"You paid for her full tuition, Boss"

"I could ask hundreds if not thousands more the same thing and they would tell you I helped them to the best of my ability. I am aware of who I am. Am I a criminal? Absolutely. Am I a murderer? Absolutely. But I love my country and it's people. If you'd come to me first this could've been solved quickly. If your son is indeed that sick I will pay for the treatme-"

"Thank you so m-"

"DON'T FUCKING INTERRUPT ME!" I yelled. I took a second to compose myself. "If your son is that sick I will pay for the treatment but you still wronged me. So I'm giving you the choice...your life or your child's?"

"But sir...he's my only child. I don't want him to grow up without me."

Selfish...so fucking selfish

"Hm...well let's ask him..." I snapped my fingers and Carlo went over to the door and a few minutes later he returned with four women and at least nine children. I looked back at him and I can see that fear in his eyes.

Yup. I know your dirty little secret

"So you say your son is your only child but I know for a fact that all of these children are yours. And I know most of these women didn't consent to getting pregnant. So which one of these children is the one you were so concerned about THAT YOU STOLE FROM ME?!?!"

He said nothing but looked like he'd shit himself. I do love this part of my job. I turn to the women and children.

"Ladies...are any of your children ill?"

"No, sir" they all said.

I nodded and looked at his children. They were all different ages. The oldest being at least 14 or 15. I looked down at one of the younger little girls and she smiled at me. She looked about 5 years old. I motioned with my finger for her to come to me and she did.

"Hello, little one. What's your name?" I asked her smiling back at her.

"Irina Nikolaevna Kuznetsov but mother calls me Laevna, sir."