Gaiden 55.5 (Aimed Target)

Start from the beginning

[Alright, you brat! Come here so I can kill you for our leader!]

Damn it. He already caught up with me. Without any second thoughts about this place, I quickly run behind a vine and wait for him to come to the entrance. My only strength right now is the new weapon I got earlier. However, knowing his current levels and Arthur's explanation about the game, I have to play smart. So I pull out my pistol and prepare for the worse. Unlike any normal handguns, the [Magic Pistol] forgoes the use of bullets for my mana. This means the only ammunition I have for it is my [MP], so I have to be careful if I don't want to end up dead for using up too much of it. But the key here is silence. Since the only sounds the bandit will hear are gunshots, I have to limit my footsteps if I want to switch places.

[What are you, a chicken?! Come on, you brat! Unless you want me to burn this trashy forest, you better come out right now!]

As Hayate always says, like I'd ever listened to that dumbass. I remain silent as I watch the bandit wander around the field trying to find me. I know this is just a game, but I can't help but feel a sense of dread and horror to the point I'm acting like it's life-or-death in here. Then again, that's the whole point of some of the airsoft games my club plays. As I close my eyes waiting for the right time, I begin to recall a similar event like this.

----

"Wolf to Eagle! Come in, Eagle!"

My eyes widened as I heard my ally on the radio attached to my vest. I'd been hiding behind the cover for a few minutes now and I could still be hearing gunshots not far away from where I am right now. Sighing at this, I grabbed the radio and put it closer to my mouth.

"Eagle here. What's the situation on your end?" I answered while trying to retain my calm tone.

"Terrible! Fox and Mammoth have been eliminated by Snake and Fox! They've also sabotaged our refill stations after they do so!" Them, too?! Judging by his panicked tone, I can't help but not disbelieve this. At this point, it was a 3v2 battle and if one of us falls, then it's game over. "At this rate, they're going to win! What do we do?!"

That's what I thought and to be honest, I was a bit scared at this report. But I had this thing called pride and there's no way we were losing this match by a majority. Besides, I had found something during a scuffle and it might be useful for this situation.

"Calm down, Wolf. They've only created an advantage for their team. If anything, we might able to use it against them. Just meet me at the clearing and I'll explain everything."

With that, I let go of my radio and carried my rifle around my arms before I headed out to my next destination. If this worked... Then...

----

[AAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU, BRAT?!]

Ugh... Damn... I was so close to recall that event!

[Forget it! I'm burning this whole forest down right here and now!]

Tsk... Guess I should have used my time a bit responsibly. I don't know how this place appeared out of nowhere or how Wind managed to complete the place's [Quest], but I have to make sure that I don't do anything stupid or reckless. Otherwise, the forest's boss and Wind might punish me for letting this guy riot as he pleases. I quickly pull out my pistol and without any second thoughts, I fire an essence that serves as my pistol's ammunition towards my pursuer. Despite my attempts to aim carefully, it just hits a vine near the bandit, but it doesn't matter. The main point is to divert his attention not away from me, but from where he's currently looking. Some spots can turn the tides of this battle and there is no way I'm letting him find them by accident.