“I have every right,” Michael said, moving forward and standing in her personal space. 

Jessie tried her best not to squirm as she glared at him.

 "You two cut it off," Raguel said. "Come on Michael." Raguel pulled Michael back when it looked like his friend was not ready to back down. "What's your name?" Raguel asked. 

 Jessie kept her mouth sealed and refused to answer his question. 

 "If you truly want our help, you need to answer my questions." 

 "If I answer your question, will you tell me where the demon zone is located?"

 "Maybe." 

 Jessie looked at him for a few seconds before she spoke, "My name is Jessie." 

 "Why do you want to know the location of the demon zone?" Raguel questioned. 

 Jessie hesitated for a few seconds before she replied, "My sister was taken by demons." She stared hard at the ground as she did her best not to tear up in front of the angels. 

 The room went silent. Raguel had a soft expression on his face. Jessie didn't need to say anything because Raguel could see the hurt and pain in her eyes.  He looked at the other angels who were staring at Jessie with concern. 

"Are you sure it was the demons who took your sister?"

"Yes, I captured one of the demons and interrogated him." 

"Where is this demon?" 

"I killed him. He refused to give me any information about the whereabouts of my sister." 

"You killed him?" Raguel scrutinized her. 

"Don't look at her size, son," Raphael said with a slight chuckle. "You should have seen what she did to Samael's face." 

"She’s a strong fighter," Samael chipped in.

 "Now that I have given you the answers you seek, tell me the location of the demon zone," Jessie said. 

 "Not so fast," Raguel said.

 Jessie looked at him with a frown on her face. "Why not? I have told you what you asked of me." 

"You can't just walk into the demon zone just like that. Demons are very cunning creatures." 

"Thanks for your concern, but I don't need it. I can take care of myself."  Jessie had never depended on anybody after the death of their parents. She was strong-willed and had overcome so many obstacles on her own. Jessie believed she didn’t need the help of the Angels to find her sister. Jessie was very certain she could find her sister herself only and she needed Angels to tell her the location of the demon zone. She wasn't going to back down just because the angels said demons are cunning creatures. She was very determined to teach the demons a serious lesson.

"Sure you can," Raguel said sarcastically. 

Jessie crossed her arms and glared at him. She was beginning to think it was a mistake coming to ask the Angels for information. 

 "You need us to help you." 

 "No, I don't." The last thing she wanted was to ask for help. The last time she did, things didn't go well. 

 "Yes, you do. We’re helping you and that's final." 

 Jessie glared at him and shook her head after a few seconds.  "I don't need your help. Tell me the location of the demon zone." She didn't want to feel indebted to them.

Raguel shook his head. "Stop acting stubborn. You need our help." 

 Jessie ran her fingers through her hair. "Fine!" She muttered. ‘I need the location of the demon zone and they are the only ones who know it. I hope this decision of mine won't come to bite me in the end,’ she thought to herself. "When are we leaving?" she asked aloud.

 "Not too fast, Jessie. As I told you before, demons are cunning creatures. We have to be careful in order not to fall in their trap." 

 "Okay. I’ll go now and come back later." She walked to the front door, but before she could make it out, Raguel asked a question. 

 "Where do you live?"

"I don't have any place in particular. I sleep anywhere I feel is safe for the night." She shrugged.

 She made an attempt to open the door but she heard a beautiful voice which made her stop and she turned. 

 "You can stay with us until your sister is found," Michael suggested.

 "Yes," Elena agreed.

 "Okay," she agreed. ‘I can make use of a good bed and a warm house for the time being.’

"I’ll show you to your room." Elena led the way with Jessie following close. 

                          ****

Michael was seated in the living room. He didn’t know what pushed him to ask her to stay with them. He closed his eyes as his mind drifted to the time he held her for a few seconds when she slipped the time he opened the door. Her body pressed against his felt right in those few seconds. He quickly snapped his eyes open. 

 “What was that?” He asked himself as he frowned.

‘Where did that thought come from?’ 

 He took a deep breath to clear his mind. 

"Weird," he whispered. 

 He stood up from the couch and noticed his friend was talking to his father. 

“Hey,” Raguel said, noticing his friend. “Come here,” he added. 

Michael moved closer to them 

“What do you think about Jessie?” Raguel asked.

“What do you mean?” Michael’s body tensed. 

 Raguel noticed the change in Michael's body language but he ignored it. “I mean, do you think she’s telling the truth?” Raguel asked. 

Of course, that was what he meant. Gosh, what was I thinking?’ Michael, said to himself as he shook his head. 

"You don't think she is telling the truth?" 

"What?" 

"You just shook your head." 

"No. I mean, yes. She is telling the truth," Michael clarified. 

 "She looked so broken like she’s trying to hold herself together." 

"I noticed that too," Michael said quietly.

 "Hey honey," Elena wrapped her arms around Raguel. 

 "How is she?" Michael asked. 

 "Good, I guess.”

 "I’ll leave you two alone." Michael saw the hungry look his friend was giving to his wife. He smiled softly and shook his head.  

"I’ll join you," Raphael said quickly. 

“You better,” Michael said. 

They burst into laughter, leaving Raguel and Elena behind.