Chapter 2

Bon Jovi is playing on the background while Reece slides into the seat next to Brandon’s on the bar.

“Hey man! Wassup?” He nods to the raven haired guy next to him and motions the bartender mouthing ‘Usual’ to him.

“Got drilled at work, today! My boss is a fucking cunt.” Brandon replies shaking his head sipping on the beer.

Reece grabs the beer infront of him, slided by the bartender and turns to him, “I asked you if we could teach the guy a lesson, and you said no. Don’t be a bitch about it now.”

“Uh huh..enough about me. Why do you look like a colon and a close bracket emoticon?” Brandon raises his eyebrow up.

“Well..if you must know, it’s Saskia’s and mine 6 months anniversary. And I have something special planned for tonight.” Reece smirks and pulls out a ring box out of his jacket pocket.

“Isn’t the ring beautiful? Just like her” Reece smiles and turns his attention to Brandon and says, “You know, it feels so good to talk to you freely again. We should do this more often.”

“Okay, while we are on talking period I should say go ahead and say this.” Brandon says getting a serious face.

“Anything man..” Reece encourages.

“I suggest you start waxing instead of shaving your vagina.” Brandon says with a straight face, very seriously.

“Hey guys!” A raven haired guy mutters to the pair of them taking seat on the bar tool next to Reece.

“Listen to this. Reece is proposing Saskia tonight!” Brandon complains to Darrius, the guy next to Reece.

“What? After 6 months? She is gonna call the police on you man!” Darrius laughs at his friend and shakes his head.

“Whatever ladies! You can mock me all you want, but you are just jealous that, you have officially lost the chance with that hot stuff while I am going back to home to her everyday for the rest of my life!” Reece smirks at his two friends, slaps a bill on the bar, and stands up.

“ Later guys.” He calls to the pair of them.

“Just don’t get arrested” Darrius calls laughing.

“Or killed!” Brandon joins in laughing as well.

Reece holds her hands as he guides her to the deck of the boat. Saskia. The girl of his dreams. He sighs. How he got this lucky, he will never know. He tried to make thi as perfect as it could. He rented this beautiful boat, set up a candle light dinner. The best champagne,  her favourite nuggets. And to make this more perfect Saskia looks even more gorgeous, if that’s possible, in her red dress tonight.

“Okay! I am letting go of your hands now. Are you steady?” He asks her.

“Yeah..I think so” She replies grinning. She can’t wipe that grim off her face since this afternoon. Something about this guy makes her go all giddy.

Reece slowly removes the blindfold and waits for her reaction while she blinks her eyes to adjust to the light.

Reece hears her gasp and he grins.

“Omg Reece! This is so beautiful!” She exclaims and turns to peck his cheek.

“So you are really doing this, huh?”

The couple turn their head to the source of the voice. Brandon comes out of the shadows.

“I thought that you will date her and then you will realise your mistake-” He takes deep breath while the tears from his eyes relentlessly, “a-and will come back to me but-” he starts sobbing hard and trying to get the words out between his sobs and hiccups, “YOU –N-NEVER DID” He sobs louding and he stomps his right foot like a final decision. “ITS NOT FAIR!!” “WHY?” “ WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT REECE?”

“You were going to propose me?” Saskia asked all dumbfound.

“Noo..This is just a skit before dinner. Did you like it sweetheart?” Reece replies with sarcasm.

“Meh! It was alright..because I am a slut!”