xxv. game on

- angel's pov -

- angel's pov -

after the three boys agreed to play the grocery game, i knew i had no time to waste. therefore, i immediately left george's side and sprinted into the tesco. i always had a competitive nature within myself, and kate knew that, so i never played around when it came to the games my best friend would propose. i quickly grabbed the nearest shopping basket i could find, since i knew that finding and hauling a grocery cart would take up too much time. i first went into the dairy aisle to locate a carton of eggs - the most vital breakfast item, right? just as i grabbed the paper carton, i saw a familiar figure  standing beside me in the refrigerated dairy aisle.

"nick?" i surmised as i saw the texan pick up a gallon of milk from the refrigerator in front of him.

"angel!" the american effused before i watched his eyes divert into my shopping basket. "eggs! good call, i was just picking up milk. w- wait, i need a basket too... where did y-" nick began to quiz after his rambling.

i had no extra time to create small talk with sapnap, so i quickly interrupted him by bellowing, "talk later! gotta get more stuff!" then i ran off to abandon him in the dairy section.

my attention quickly averted toward the next big section besides the dairy, which was the sweets. i smiled to myself as i let my sweet tooth take over. in an instant, i began placing various chocolates in my basket. from original cadbury dairy milk chocolate bars to toblerone triangles, i picked about 10 chocolate bars alongside the milk i grabbed earlier. i started to giggle at the sight of all the candy, since i completely ignored kate's previous advice of not wasting time choosing chocolates. conveniently, i found microwavable popcorn bags and various trail mixes next to the sweets, which i also picked up for our movie marathon later tonight. after scanning the entire aisle, i swiftly skipped into the next crucial section of the tesco grocers, which was the bread.

as i turned the corner into the bread aisle, i felt my heart pick up its pace - which coincidentally wasn't from all the running i was performing in the store. lo and behold, george in his black hoodie was holding two loaves of bread in his hands. his shopping basket laid at his feet and his eyebrows were knit together as he stared at the loaves. i watched him in admiration as he began to tilt his head to the side. i assumed he was having trouble picking which bread to bring home.

"excuse me, sir! do you need help establishing some bread preferences?" i bleated with a warm smile while tugging at my face mask. as my cloth mask now rested at my chin, i tried to act like a grocery store employer to throw him off; but once my boyfriend heard my voice, his lips curled upward to form a smile like mine.

"hi, love! and uh- yeah. i don't know if our friends would want white or multigrain bread... do they care?" george stammered as he moved his face mask downward as well. i analyzed him as his confused expression never left his face.