Chapter 4

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters, I only own the story

"WILLOW! GET YOUR WITCHY MOJO HERE NOW! AND I'M TELLING YOU, NOW!" Buffy screamed, holding the phone in one hand, trying to reach the open box with all the strength she could. How did she end up in this situation? With this magic wind that was keeping her away from this box that supposedly carried a message. Did the powers that mess with things always have to be so freaking vague? "Buffy, what's going on?" A tired voice came from the phone. "The powers that be came, well Cordelia came...gave me this little box thing and now there's wind and stuff and WAS I NOT CLEAR ON THE NEEDING WITCHY MOJO NOW PART?" The wind threw Buffy against the wall, the telephone skidding out of her hand. A sigh came from the receiver and a reassuring voice came out "I'm coming, be there in a second." A second later, Willow appeared in the room looking thoroughly 'I just woke up'-ey. "Hi willow!" Buffy greeted her, still trying to prise the box open, her back still pushed against the wall by the unwelcome visitor. "A little help?" Willow nodded, putting up her hand and using magic to force the box shut. Buffy sighed in relief as the wind stopped blowing and she was able to move freely again. "I would say I love what you've done with the place but..." Willow gestured to the array of vases and books that were scattered across the floor.. "Yeah, I'll admit, not my best decor." An unbidden memory of Spike offering to decorate her room for her rose up inside her. She forced it back down into her mind to brood over it another time. "Good to see you again Wil." "You too Buf." The two women embraced, not as comfortably as they once had, but affection all the same. "Now. Let's break the hell out of this box thing." Buffy commanded with the general Buffy voice she hadn't heard in so long. Not since him. "Ready?" Willow asked. "Ready." Buffy nodded her affirmation for Willow to blast it open. Magic hit it, hurling the box pieces every which way. But in the center there was something. Something Buffy never thought she would see again.

TBC