chapter nineteen

wilbur's pov

the days following the explosion were absolute hell. it took almost a full day to find everyone in all the rubble, well almost everyone. y/n was missing, and i had a feeling dream had something to do with her disappearance. assuming i was correct, i knew she was also safe. i could see that dream had grown an attachment to her and wouldn't harm her, so i focused on other things. 

tommy and i suffered pretty minor injuries, our long legs were able to get us far enough away so not too much damage was done. we both had a few cuts, burns, and bruises, but nothing that wouldn't be completely gone within a week. fundy was slightly less lucky, a large chunk of wood had hit his side and caught his pants on fire. he was left with a nasty burn. tubbo faired the worst of us all. a tree branch had caught the back of his head, and he had a large cut that required stitches. fundy was the one to perform them, but we all would have healed so much faster with y/n here. 

i had yet to here anything from dream since the explosion, and although i had no plans of giving up on the revolution i was confused as to why he hadn't reached out. 

and after a week of utter silence from the people of the dream smp, the last thing i expected to see mid-morning was dream sprinting through the gates with y/n in his arms while sapnap and george followed behind, both gasping for air. i called for tommy, tubbo, and fundy, who appeared by my side in just moments. dream reached the place we stood, and before i could say anything he started yelling commands.

"she-" he started, breathing heavily in between. "she passed out. blood loss, her leg is injured badly. she needs some sort of blood transplant, who's your medic?" 

"y/n," tommy replied simply. 

"but fundy can fill it just fine. wait, is a medic necessary?," i asked. we all moved quickly, y/n still in dream's arms as he carried her bridal style. 

"what?" dream responded with a confused glance.

"all we need is a blood replenishing potion," tubbo said, speaking my thoughts.

dream slapped himself on the forehead with a groan. "do you guys have one here?"

"you've taken everything with value we own, dream. we don't have a fucking blood replenishing potion," tommy said sharply.

"george, run back and grab one from our supply. hurry," dream ordered, and george promptly left the room.

it only took george a few minutes to retrieve the potion, and not much time passed until y/n was given it and placed in bed.

"there's no use waiting around here, she won't wake for quite a while," sapnap pointed out.

i sighed, he was right. deciding to focus our attention to something else, i turned to dream. "why did you bring her here?"

he shrugged. "i didn't know what else to do. we don't have a proper medic in our lands."

"what exactly happened?" i questioned. i wanted to ask what he had planned after this- we maintained peace at the moment but the war didn't just disappear. did he think we would just let him walk out with y/n again?

"over the last few days, she's had these spells, per se. her eyes get unfocused and she starts shaking, but only for a few seconds, so i just ignored it. however this time i continued until she fell to the ground and lost consciousness."

i hummed in response. "and what happens when she wakes up?"

dream met my eyes before he answered. "if you're willing, we take her back and continue on."

"and if i'm not willing?" i said with a raised eyebrow.

"then we fight."