chapter six

tw: language; 1059 words, unedited 

when i regained my consciousness, the first thing i noticed was a severe pain in my left leg. that pain was also accompanied by a more dull sensation on my head. as my thoughts slowly started to make more sense, i opened my eyes gently. there was a dim lantern in the corner, but other than that i had to rely solely on my other senses to see my surroundings. 

i seemed to be laying on a pretty nice bed, with fresh sheets and a warm comforter. i also appeared to be in a normal bedroom, as it had a bookshelf, nightstand, desk, and all the other standard things. pulling the blanket back, i found that my thigh was wrapped tightly in clean bandages. i was also wearing new clothes that smelled of pine and smoke. the black sweatpants and bright green hoodie were warm and comforting. reaching up, i felt a large bump on the top of my head. pressing down gently, i winced slightly.

suddenly, all the events of the previous day (day? who knows how long it's been) came crashing back into me. sitting up quickly, i looked down. if i was wearing new clothes, then someone else had to have changed me. someone also had to change the bandages, meaning they were touching my thigh. 

i had also been kidnapped. was kidnapped even the right word if your friends and family sat and watched it happen? oh well.

on top of that, i was in a room with absolutely no clue how long i'd been there, where exactly i even was, and what i was supposed to do. 

although i was probably not in a very good state of mind, my immediate thought was escape. hopping out of the bed, i hobbled to the door. if it was unlocked, then escape would be easy.

reaching forward, i turned the doorknob slightly. to my surprise, it twisted fully, and the door swung open, revealing a long hallway. 

although there were two possibilities, my instincts told me that right was the correct way, so i hobbled through the hallway trying to muffle my steps as much as possible. i soon reached a set of stairs, and leaned against the railing to help get up them. damn, my leg hurt like a bitch.

i was surprised i hadn't seen anyone yet. i mean what were the odds that the second i woke up nobody was around?

apparently i jinxed it with my thoughts, as footsteps started approaching me out of nowhere. looking around, the person couldn't see me yet, but would round he corner in just a few seconds. panicking, i quickly tried to hide behind a vase, however the person seemed to have found me before i could do so.

"oh, what do we have here?" a voice said. i turned around slowly, dread filling my whole body.

sapnap stood facing me, a netherite sword in his hand. that alone was scary, however what was even more terrifying was his face. he had this evil smirk and a glint in his eye that told me i shouldn't mess with him

"looks like dream's little prisoner was caught in the act. wonder what he'll think about that," sapnap said, still smirking.  i was frozen in my tracks as he neared me, grabbing my wrist harshly and pulling me towards him.he grabbed the other wrist as well, and pinned them behind my back, this time pushing me forwards as he followed behind.

"wh-where are we going?" i said. my attempt to hide my fear failed, as i stuttered and my voice was shaky as i spoke.

"oh, we're just paying dream a little visit, nothing to worry about," he responded. although those words would've normally been comforting, something about his tone told me it wasn't as good as he made it sound.

just a few moments later, sapnap and i stood in front of a large oak door at the end of the same hallway. the room we stood in front of happened to be just to the right of the room i woke up in, which i took note of carefully.

sapnap adjusted his grip on my wrists in order to knock on the door.

we waited there for what seemed like hours, but it was probably only a few seconds until the door swung open, revealing a livid dream.

"sapnap, what the fuck are you-" dream started. his words were harsh. "oh," he said as he noticed me. his anger quickly shifted, and soon he was smirking as well. great, two men twice the size of me were now surrounding me with matching terrifying grins.

"caught this one trying to escape," sapnap said from behind me. i turned my neck and sent him a glare, muttering under my breath, "snitch."

"what was that?" sapnap said with an edge to his tone. he obviously heard me, and dream did as well, as he was now chuckling.

"anyways," dream said, directing the conversation away. "what do we do with her?"

" i say we-" sapnap started, but was interrupted by dream as he held his hand up.

"since it's her first day being conscious, we'll be gracious as she doesn't know the rules. lets take her back to her room and explain them, because next time i'm not going to be so nice," dream said. he spoke lightly at first, but his tone darkened near the end.

my eyes widened, and sapnap led me a few feet away back to the room i woke up in. he pushed me onto the bed, before moving backwards and standing at the door.

dream followed in after, and pulled a chair up from the desk. he turned it around so the back was facing me, and he sat with his legs straddling it. his arms rested on top. 

"rule number one. you do as i say, no matter what. i tell you to sit down, you sit down. i tell you to jump of a cliff, you find the nearest cliff and jump with no hesitation," dream started.|

"number two. you will not touch a weapon unless told otherwise. that one's pretty straightforward. three. no escaping. you'll be punished harshly for doing so. finally, and probably most importantly, rule four," dream paused his sentence, making direct eye contact with me.

"no contact whatsoever with anyone from l'manburg, ever again."