chapter sixteen

y'all this chapter is boring af but i wanted to get something out:) school and soccer started up again so i can't write from 6am when i get up until 9-10ish when i finished my homework so updates will be less frequent SORRYYYY but thanks for all the votes n comments and shit,  u guys are literally hilarious. i love reading all the comments. also the grinch one??? im so confused but that whole chain is so funny lmao anyways onto the unedited chapter------->

the meal went by slowly. i had started to notice a theme- anytime dream george and sapnap were with eret they were completely silent. they must not trust him fully. i could feel dream's eyes on me the whole time we ate, but when i turned to meet his gaze he quickly averted his eyes. 

after what seemed like eternity, eret stood up and left, soon followed my sapnap. 

dream suddenly spoke, startling me from my thoughts. "i have things to get done, can you escort her back to the room?" he asked george. 

"sure," george replied simply, looking over at me. dream was next to stand up, and i watched as he walked out of the room. secretly, i was glad dream was busy, the last thing i wanted to do right now was be alone with him. george left his chair and helped me up as well, putting his arm around my waist to support me as we walked. 

it was slightly awkward, as george and i had never actually talked, and here he was with his hand around my waist. despite this, i was still grateful, he could've just let me limp the whole way. 

the walk was even slower than the meal, and it gave me lots of time to think. i had decided that i was in a different building than last time, as the set up of the whole place didn't resemble my previous residency at all. it made me wonder how far i was from l'manburg- and how far i'd have to run if i wanted to escape. 

"so," george said as he kept his gaze forward. "what's dream's room like? he doesn't let any of us inside, so there's gotta be something he doesn't want us to see." his voice was soft, and his accent was very prominent as he spoke. 

i laughed slightly. "it's kind of strange that he let's a random girl he kindapped into his room before his best friends, huh," i said, trying to lighten the mood. "but it's fucking weird. everything's a mess, there's clothes, maps, books, and papers everywhere and he has like 50 drawers in his desk with locks on them. when i first woke up-" i hesitated, wondering if i should mention the creepy-ass pictures i found. "when i first woke up there was literally no light, and he only has like 2 lanterns, it's weird."

george sent me a strange glance as i paused, i'm pretty sure he could tell i left something out. he just hummed in response. 

once we reached the room, george let go of me and opened the door. i walked in slowly, and he closed the door and locked it behind me, leaving me alone in dream's room. 

i sighed, flopping onto the bed in hopes of relieving the pain in my leg. wait, dream wasn't here. meaning he couldn't see what i was doing. i smirked as my eyes widened, and hobbled over towards the desk. maybe, by some chance, he left the drawers unlocked. reaching out, i grabbed hold of the handle, pulling slightly. to my dismay, it didn't budge. they were locked.

sighing again, i flopped back onto the bed for the second time in less than two minutes. what was i going to do? i mean l'manburg exploded- i was fairly certain no one was dead, but they could be badly injured, and without me they were fucking clueless when it came to that sort of thing. were they wondering where i was? did they think i was dead? 

a few moments later, i fell back asleep as i drowned in my own thoughts.