Chapter 2

Disclaimer: Only the story is mine, the characters are Joss's

Dawn came over every day. Xander had moved to Nepal. Some sort of crisis retreat. Buffy didn't blame him, after Anya's death he was broken. He apologized to everyone for anything he might have done to us in the past and packed up his bags and left. Giles wasn't shutting her out exactly, but lately he was too busy running the Watchers Council. Every time she talked to him he sounded tired. Their once father daughter relationship had turned into one of uneasy friends. Willow still talked to her. They had fixed their relationship after the whole getting kicked out of the house fiasco. They had coffee, they laughed, they chatted. Almost like old times. Except it wasn't. Willow broke up with Kennedy almost immediately after the battle, realizing that she was still grieving for Tara. The past years had changed them all, the losses had made them grow desolate. The scoobies were assembled across the world. And she didn't have him by her side anymore. Buffy wasn't depressed exactly, she was moving on, just like he had wanted her to, but she couldn't stop the dreams. The dreams of him coming back, the dreams of what she could have said. But through all of that, Dawn still came over every day. Her and dawn were on good terms again, she had apologized and at spikes death she was inconsolable that she didn't say goodbye. Or even smile at him. I know we could all say things we didn't get to say in our dreams. But not in reality. Never in reality. Never to him. A white light showered the room, a figure surrounded by white light. "Cordelia?!"