5:٥ | a good start

Malak Aboul Gheit walked to the Gryffindor table, beaming

Malak Aboul Gheit walked to the Gryffindor table, beaming. She sat right in between the Weasley twins, who had already created room for her.

"I though you said Ravenclaw?" Fred said mockingly.

"Well, Mr. Weasley, I believe I owe you 5 galleons, that I will be happy to pay up, once this is over."

"And I'll be happier to collect them" the twin assured her.

Just a little after, the sorting ceremony was over, resulting in the House of Godric Gryffindor adding to its ranks Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Ronald Weasley, together with some other first year students. Albus Dumbledore rose.

"Welcome!" he said. "Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts! Before we begin our banquet, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! Thank y-"

He could not finish, as the doors of the Great Hall loudly opened, revealing an oldish man with long grey hair, crowned by a bold spot, bitter expression covering his face. He entered the Hall jogging, followed by a cat and a Poltergeist that could not stop mocking him. He was red. Literally. His skin had been tinted with a crimson color, stained with small, circled, black patterns, shaped like scarabs. Egyptian scarabs. The Weasley twins and the whole student body started laughing profusely at the scene.

"Professor! Professor! Help!" The man shouted, "they did it, somehow, they must have done it!" He said coming over to the Gryffindor table, "those criminals, evildoers!" He accused as he grabbed Fred and George from the back of their necks, "undo it!"

He was carrying the pair into the corridor, towards the high table of the professors, the two of them completely unaware of what was going on. Wrongly accused.

Malak stood up from her seat.

"Stop! It wasn't them" all of the eyes of the Great Hall turning to stare in her direction, "you did it to yourself, sir. Egyptian Scarabs only appear when you try to open something that is not yours — perhaps a trunk?" And with that, she snapped her fingers, turning the caretaker of the castle back to his normal appearance.

He glared at her, his eyes radiating fury, as he came dangerously close to her. "Detention!!!" He shouted to her face, and then proceeded to leave the Hall.

She shyly regained her seat at the Gryffindor table, the gaze of the students still focused on her, earning approving nods from George, Fred and Lee.

"Another great start for the Egyptian Felon!" Beamed Fred, followed by his brother "I was so right to give you that name."