"Talk to me," Gibbs commanded walking into the bullpen silently, upon reaching his team, he noticed a pair of dark coloured skinny jean cladded legs wriggling under the opposite desk. "Murray. What in the hell are you doing?" Murray's brunette head popped up at the mention of her name.

"Fixing..." She shoots DiNozzo dead in the eye with her death ray "... DiNozzo's currently ever rising problem." Murray sat up and stretched before diving back under again, only just realising that she had left her glasses and her phone on her desk. "Tim, could you do me favour pass my glasses and my phone please, these darn eyes do not help at all." McGee did as he was told with a light chuckle as he did so. A few seconds later, Murray arose victoriously, her dark glare at DiNozzo never wavered in the slightest. She moved round to the corner of her desk. "So, get this, the victim, one Corporal Jason Armitage, had been stationed at Norfolk for the last eighteen months, his Commanding Officer, one Captain Martin Jameson, had said that there was never a bad word said against him, he was a great marine..." Murray paused, knowing McGee would carry the sentence on. in one fluid movement, something the team has done for fourteen years.

"... An outstanding record, he was top of his hand to hand combat class. So, in the last six months, Corporal Armitage's phone records had shown ..." McGee carried on, pointing the presenter at the plasma screen, he clicked one of the buttons and the records came up on the screen. "... that multiple phone conversations to this number" the screen zoomed in and highlighted on a particular number "Daily..." McGee clicked the same button, a few bank statements came up on the screen.

"Each of those calls coincides with large sums of money that were made into his account," Murray carried on as McGee passed her the presenter. "The number I found out, belonged to one Petty Officer First Class Matthew Evans-" Murray glared at DiNozzo more as he interrupted her,

"Okay, Team McMurray, calm down," DiNozzo teased in his usual fashion, a cheeky smirk plastered on his well-kept face before turning to Gibbs, "Could Armitage have been meeting this Evans guy for money boss?" Murray rolled her eyes at the ridiculous question before looking over at her boss, just as the two eyes connected, her phone begins to ring. Three rings later, the ringing obviously degrading Gibbs's nerves. "Murray, you gonna answer that?" Murray shook her head.

"It's my mom again," She answered as she reached into her pocket and hung up, "I've told her I wanted nothing to do with her. But with her it's; Alexandra it is almost Christmas or Don't you leave me like you father did..."

"Alex, do your brother and sister get this from her?" DiNozzo curiously asked

"No, probably because I'm adopted..." There were a few moments of silence from the team before Murray broke it, "...What? I've known since before I left High School. I told my pop, George, that I felt like I didn't belong. That I wasn't his actual daughter. He replied to me 'Alex my girl, you're far too bright for your young age. Your father is a brave man... don't tell your mother I said this, but you were taken from your father a long time ago... You came to us with no memories of who you were, but in your tiny arms, was a stuffed animal, that didn't have your name on it. I remember the hold you had on that little bear broke me, you grew up calling the bear "Kelly"' At the mention of the name, Gibbs froze for a second, before noticing how distracted she seemed, so he quickly changed the subject back to the case.

"Well DiNozzo, that's what the Government pay us to find out," He stated sarcastically, causing his New Yorker to smile,

"Yes boss," DiNozzo replied sheepishly, Murray took a glance at her best friend, his eyes lit up like a Christmas Tree.

"Err... Could I look at his laptop-" McGee questioned before Gibbs glanced at Murray

"Go," That one word sent him running. Receiving a chuckle from the remaining members of their team.

Down in the Forensic Lab

"Hey Abby, err, mind if I jump on the laptop?" McGee asked their Goth Queen as soon as he entered her domain; but unfortunately for him, she had her back to him and her usually loud music just a few decimals higher. "ABBY?" He called, either she couldn't hear him or she just chose to not to.

"You can do whatever you want McGee," He frowned, her voice sounded cold and sarcastic.

"Aww, come on Abs, you're not still made about me missing the concert, are you? I told you I would be here, working." The music turned down slightly. She whipped round, almost fast enough to cause whiplash, her face didn't show anger, it showed disappointment, her perfectly painted nailed fingers on her hips.

"Bet you weren't here all last night," She stated, her tone still cold, but didn't show any signs of sarcasm.

"Well no..." He stammered, his palms clammy. Even though she wasn't angry with the young Agent, she still terrified the poor man. Of course, he had left the Navy Yard, but it was for the case, not for leisure. "Abs, we got called out, there was nothing I could've done,"

"You had plans, Tim! You could've come," With that, she whipped back around, music going back up, the matter clearly set in her mind. McGee sighed deeply.

"Abby, please. Come on, I'm sorry. I've said it so many times, I've told Alex so many times, I think she doesn't want to hear my voice anymore." Abby rolled her eyes.

"Whatever, I'm gonna go get the rest of the evidence, since SOMEONE didn't bring it to me," She shot a glare in his direction

"Abs, I am sorry, Gibbs was breathing down our necks for information." He pleaded again, but the last words were spoken to her back as she stormed off to the evidence garage.

Five Minutes Later

"Where's the evidence, McGee?" Abby questioned, her face glowing red with anger, McGee's face dropped

"Wait, what? I signed off the evidence this morning and left it with the agents down there," he answered warily, worry set upon his features.

"Well it's not now," she countered, her usually long fuse, was getting shorter by the second. McGee, who was already a pale individual, paled further.

"I remember seeing it down there,"

"Well, it's gone! AND you were the last one to see that evidence. So, I'm holding you responsible." Unfortunately, protocol and Gibbs agreed with her. McGee WAS the last person to see AND sign for the evidence.

A Few Hours Later

McGee had spent hours, retracing his steps from that morning, each and every one of them; but no one in the evidence garage had seen the evidence and the security footage showed nothing. 'Come on' he thought to himself uneasily, 'the evidence couldn't have gotten up and walked away. It must be here somewhere. I'm not that bloody careless, I know that I followed protocol correctly, I always do. THAT EVIDENCE MUST BE HERE!' McGee spent a very miserable weekend alternating between looking for the missing evidence (With help from Murray), being teased by DiNozzo, dodging glares from Abby and Gibbs, and finally sorting through Armitage's laptop. He had found many encrypted and coded emails, which meant more work from and a lead for the team.

Sunday Evening

By the end of Sunday, the team (Mostly McGee) were running on fumes and without a crumb to show for it, so Gibbs decided to send them home to get some well-needed sleep before Monday morning.

Sunday Evening – The McGee House

It took McGee just over an hour to get home when he did; he dropped his bag and shrugged off his coat and bag, all that ran through the young agent's mind was shower and sleep. As he passed his answering machine he noticed the blinking light. He hit the button needed to listen to the calls and headed for the bathroom. 'You have 20 Unheard messages,' the computerised voice announced, 'What the...?' The words that followed, stopped him in his tracks. 'Hey, you freak. Thought you could hide from me? Well, I found you and this time I am going to make you pay. I want you to suffer, you deserve to suffer for what you did...'