xxiv. the check

- angel's pov -

- angel's pov -

"okay... so here's the hard part. how are we going to split the rooms?" clay inquired with his eyebrow slightly raised.

the dirty blond boy finally brought up the topic that everyone was dreading. as the airbnb we rented out had three big bedrooms, our friend group of five had to work out roommate arrangements for the next two weeks. while dream's sudden question bombed the five of us, we all looked around the room in curiosity for how each one of us would respond. moreover, as all five of us filled up the three couches in the lounge, our group sat in an awkward silence as the christmas tree we all just decorated brightly shined at the corner of the room.

with george beside me, i felt him slouch into the couch cushion before he wrapped his arm around me. "easy! angel and i will share one. sapnap and kate can have the other room. and dream can have a room to himself," my boyfriend proposed as he broke the silence and flashed a smile toward the group.

"woah! h- hey there. i- i'm not tryna-" nick fumbled as he sat upright on the arm chair. i watched his face turn a blush pink color before he swiftly turned his head toward kate, who sat beside him. nick's thoughtful facial expression conveyed almost as if he was asking kate for permission to share a room with her.

"i- it's okay. i'll just take the couch, guys," kate meekly said before she swallowed a big gulp and avoided eye contact with sapnap. i could tell she was nervous to be here, she didn't know the three boys as well as i did; so i didn't blame her flusteredness toward the sudden nerve-racking room sharing topic.

"no, i won't let you do that," clay objected before he furrowed his eyebrows. "we have three bedrooms. how about sapnap and kate take the remaining two rooms and i'll take the couch? i don't sleep well in super soft mattresses anyway," the flordian concluded before he threw his shoulders up in a shrug.

"are you sure, clay?" i quipped before laying on george's chest and placing my palm on my boyfriend's heart. as i felt george's heart beat against my hand, i looked up at him to place a quick peck along his lips; which left my handsome boy in a grin.

"i'm sure. and i'm also pretty confident that these sleeping arrangements will only be temporary," clay snickered as he performed a slight smirk and winked toward his texan friend across the room.

"oh! i'll show you what's temporary!" nick hollered as he began to sit up from the armchair with his hands in a fist; it was imminent that sapnap's pure texan roots were showing as he began confronting the floridan.

"oh yeah? show me what you got, cowboy!" clay snapped in response as he aggressively threw his arms on the side of the couch to hoist his body off of the chair.

"it's always going to be me versus you, dream!" nick chanted with a smirk plastered across his face as he raised his fist.

"hey, you two! this isn't manhunt in real life! sit both of your asses down while we set some ground rules!" george hooted. i giggled at my boyfriend's sudden peace offering. george did portray as the mediator when things got out of hand between the americans.