The Party (MTF Part 3)

Start from the beginning

He smiled and she gave him a kiss and headed towards the door while saying, "Hopefully, you'll realised you're more than good enough when I tell you about the time Joey, Debbie, and I all snuck out one night to go to a concert when we were all sixteen."

She then opened the door and greeted several new faces as they came in and Fenton had to quickly avoid the river of family members going straight from the door to the garden.
A while later, the river died down but it was hard for Fenton to find Liz in the newly formed sea of relatives.
When he got to her, he said, "I didn't realise how big your family was until they were all piled together!"

"I know! C'mon, let's cut through the back door and I can introduce you to everyone!", she suggested while pulling him by the hand out the back door.

Slowly but surely, Liz got through about all of her aunts, uncles, grandparents and many, many cousins.
It was nearing the end of the night when Debbie emerged from the crowd and said, "So, Liz, pardon me if this is a little personal, but I'm just dying to know. You're happy with... Fenton, was it?"

"It's Fenton.", he grumbled as it was about the 20th time he had to correct her that night.

Liz's POV:

Liz could tell by Debbie's tone she wanted to start a fight. Liz was going to let her remarks slide for now but if she got out of line, she knew well that she would go full tiger on Debbie.

"If you must know, yes, I am very happy with him. He treats me wonderfully and he's a delight to be around.", Liz told Debbie as she smiled at Fenton for the last part.

"Right, so, surely you see a future with him, right? I mean, if you're this happy with him, of course you're going to get... I don't know, married someday, right?", Debbie taunted.

Liz couldn't lie, Debbie was getting on her nerves now. She grew accustomed to it as they both got older and Debbie eventually stopped doing it but she couldn't understand why Debbie seemingly wanted to hear Liz say that she never wanted to marry Fenton. Even if it would seem soon to think about to the rest of her family, she didn't care. Liz wanted everyone to know that she adored Fenton and she wanted them to know that he was the best person in her life!

"Yes, I am!", Liz stared Debbie deep in the eye as she stood up tall, dominantly, "It may be a little soon to think about this stuff but I do want to marry Fenton someday! Not soon, probably not even this year, but definitely someday."

"But what if 'someday' isn't enough? Sure, it'll be nice to daydream about that stuff but soon, you're gonna realise that you're never gonna have enough money for a proper wedding!", Debbie continued to taunt, "Well, you'll always have the option of one of those in-and-out chapels! I'm sure they'll have at least a few in Duckburg! But it would be a shame that your father would never get to walk you down the aisle! Isn't that right, Uncle Phin!"

It had now become obvious to nearly everyone around her that Debbie was very drunk.

"Just let it go, Debbie.", Liz warned her.

"Deb, it's not worth it.", Kait tried convincing her not to continue.

She just ignored Kaitlyn's pleads and continued, "Shut up. But there is, or at least was a way you could've had a hope of that 'dream wedding' you always used to go on and on about!"

"Debra, stop this now.", Aunt Melanie tried stopping her by grabbing her arm.

"Shut up! We're all thinking it! Beaks! You could've stayed with him and had the time of your life! But noooo! You had to go and dump him because, what, he had too much money?!", Debbie continued to taunt, "You could'a been living the dream with one of the richest guys in the whole stinkin' planet but you had to dump him for some pencil pushing intern!"