39│THE PRISON STINT

Start from the beginning

"A white woman in prison, in Texas?" Terry's eyes widened, "She must be bad."

"She murdered three people," Raymond explained casually, "And she knows Figgis's operation, so we're sending two detectives in undercover as inmates to get close to her."

"Yeah, and guys, this isn't one of those women's prisons that we've all seen being all sexy on late-night cable. You know, with the ladies touching each other's bits, and there's kind of some lame jazz playing. When these chicks fight, it's for real," Jake chuckled, "So be mature."

"How am I attracted to you?" Natasha sighed with a shake of her head.

"I don't know, I ask myself that every day," He shrugged before he grabbed her hand frantically, "Please don't lose interest in me and break up with me."

"Peralta is gross but correct," Raymond sighed, "This facility is a violent place filled with hardened criminals. We need to send someone who can blend in."

Amy immediately raised her hand. "Sir, I would be honored to take on this challenging assignment."

She frowned when everyone let out a laugh. Even Adam had to turn away from her to hide the amused smile on his face.

"Why is everyone laughing?" She whined as she raised her hand, "I can be a badass."

Gina scoffed and raised a brow. "You're raising your hand right now."

"We're in a meeting," Amy huffed with a glare, worked up over not being considered a badass.

"It's okay, babe," Adam's chuckles subsided as he wrapped his arm around her comfortingly.

Natasha smiled at the two, clearly happy with herself for setting them up. She'd never seen Adam so happy or Amy so relaxed. They made a cute couple.

"I just assumed Diaz and Zapata would be the prisoners. Nothing personal, it's just, you know..." Raymond shrugged, "They're terrifying."

Rosa and Natasha fist-bumped before they smiled at Raymond.

"Thank you," They smiled brightly, clearly happy with his choice of words.

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

The plan to get Rosa and Natasha into the prison hadn't gone as smoothly as they'd hoped. They planned on sending Rosa in first and Natasha a few days later to avoid any suspicion but Rosa's cover was blown within minutes of entering the prison. She'd been recognized by one of the inmates as the cop who'd arrested her three years ago.

So, it seemed Amy would be going to prison after all. And with the delay the Rosa fiasco had caused, she was being sent in with Natasha to avoid any more time-wasting. Natasha was now being fitted with her pregnancy bump while Charles went over faking diabetic shock with Amy.

"You positively glow," Jake smiled as he took a step back to study Natasha, "How do you feel?"

"I don't know," Amy shrugged, "Is anyone gonna buy it? Does she really look pregnant?"

"I mean..." Jake titled his head to the side as he placed his hands on Natasha's fake bump, "I guess I can see it."

"I think it's amazing," Charles gasped in delight, "Oh, Jake and Tasha and baby makes three. I don't know if I believe in God, but I have prayed for this."

"That is psychotic," Jake sighed as he continued to situate the bump.

Natasha quickly turned to glare at Rich when a bright flash went off. "Rich put the camera away before I shove it up your-"