Chapter 7

🌙

𝓛 . 𝓜 .

Everything was clear now about the Lycaons--on how the shapeshifting works. The truth about my father and what he really was. It surprised and disappointed me at the same time. He was an alpha, a great Lycaon leader then why I have to be the the opposite? I was irrevocably weak.

I have no problem being different, even being a half human and half werewolf. I live differently than any humans in my whole life, so there is no difference. At that moment, I realized I was some kind of freak even in Lycaons world.

It was confirmed that Lycaons never attacked humans, it was the hunters who murdered the people in down town. But it didn't end it there even they killed Michael. They were speculating that it was Michael's newborn mate.

(Newborn vampires are the newbie vampires who have no control with their thirst.)

After a long day in Lycaons paradise, Mingyu decided to drive me home after dinner even I insisted to stay for a little longer. But he was right, I need to rest. There are many things clouding my mind and I was exhausted. I wasn't able to process everything in one day.

He was staring at the long road, focus on driving. We are both silent. I don't know how to talk to him after realizing he knew things about me. Most especially about my relationship with him—the vampire which supposedly our number one enemy. I was a bit upset that no one from the Kims bothered to tell me about my family history. Was it because of the treaty?

I'm glad Lycaons can't attack Kims, unless they broke the treaty that my father and Dr. Kim made. Vegetarian vampires like them are allowed to hunt in Yin as long as humans are not involved.

I was consumed with my thoughts and didn't notice that we're here. Mingyu parked the car effortlessly in front of our house. "Lis.." He finally spoke to me. As soon as I turned, he leaned over and gently pulled me for a hug. "Gyu." I protest. He dropped his hands respectfully, not looking bothered at all in a minor rejection. He then reached for my hand intertwined with his. When did he get such confidence?

"Now, tell me something." He mumbled, still staring at our hands.

I bit my lip, knowing where this headed. We both know that none of our feelings at the moment will matter anymore when he imprints someone else.

"About what?" I muttered.

"You like me, right?"

"You know I do." I answered.

There was nothing left in my life at this moment that's more important than my sister and Dong Mingyu. He's my best friend. I would always love him. Those days we spent together, considering his efforts will always mean something to me. He had no idea how he slowly fixed the hole in my heart.

I stared at his beautiful brown eyes. I didn't want to do this. Just not now. But he seemed determined to ruin everything we had. "But that's all.." He said, not a question. It was hard for me to say the word. It might hurt him and avoid me.

"Yes." I mumbled, almost whispering.

He grinned down at me. "That's okay. As long as you think I'm your good-looking best friend—sort of. I will be annoyingly persistent."

"I'm not going to change, Gyu." I said, though I tried to make it sound normal, I could hear the sadness in it.

"Okay—now, let's get you some sleep. You looked like someone who's about to shut down anytime." He chuckled, letting go of my hand now. I really agreed, "Yeah, I should go inside."