14 - Y3

Finally, after a long and mostly silent ride, the train came to a halt. 

"First years! This way!" A familiar voice called out.

"Hagrid!" y/n waved at the voice. The other three turned around to see a gigantic outline of Hagrid standing in front of them.

"All right there?" Hagrid smiled at the four. The five of them had gotten very close these past few years. Harry nodded. "Well, you lot should head along that way, yeah? See you a lot later!" Hagrid said warmly and smiled.

Hermione smiled as she made her way towards the carriages. She was glad to be back at her second home in another world.

Ron grinned, walking beside Hermione. He was going to have fun this year with his friends.

Harry followed behind the two, looking around. He was finally home.

y/n walked beside Harry, relieved to be somewhere she belonged.

⊱- - - - - - - - -⊰

"You fainted, Potter? Is Longbottorn telling the truth? You actually fainted?" a voice came from behind them as the four made their way up the castle stairs.

Draco Malfoy was smirking evilly once again, walking behind the four best friends.

"Shove off, Malfoy," said Ron, whose jaw was clenched.

"Did you faint as well, Weasley?" said Malfoy loudly. "Did the scary old Dementor frighten you too, Weasley?"

"Is there a problem?" said a mild voice. Professor Lupin had just gotten out of the next carriage.

Malfoy gave the professor a stare, taking a good look at Lupin's ripped and worn-out cloak. "Oh, not at all professor!" Malfoy said sarcastically. He nudged Harry aside as he and his two Slytherin friends walked past them into the castle.

The four were making their way up the castle steps and towards the great hall when they were halted. "Potter! Granger! I want to see you both." Professor called out from beside the entrance of the great hall.

y/n and Ron glanced at each other, then both turned to the other two, looking for an explanation, but Harry and Hermione were just as confused.

"There is no need to look so worried. I just want a word in my office," she told them, seeing the looks on their faces. "Move along, Weasley. And you too, Black."

y/n nudged Ron to move along as he was trying to communicate with Harry and ask him what was going on but Harry just shrugged.

"What do you think happened?" y/n asked as she and Ron sat down at their seats at the great hall.

"No idea. You don't reckon that they've done something without letting us know, do they?" Ron asked worriedly.

"Of course not," y/n said, a little unsure though.

"Hey, do you think... Uh- Wel..." Ron stuttered.

"Well? Spit it out."

"Um," Ron scratched the back of his head, his ears were bright red. "Do you think that maybe... just maybe... they're like... you know... together?" 

y/n took a fat second to understand what Ron was trying to say. "They wouldn't, would they? I mean, they're not that close," said y/n, not so convinced by her own words. Hermione never really spent time with Harry, anyway. And if they were together, it'd be obvious, right?

"Yeah, yeah. You're right." Ron said, shaking his head. "Anyways, what do you reckon will happen this year? I mean, the stone on the first year, then the chamber last. And now Sirius Black is on loose. Maybe Black is going to come to attack us? y/n?" Ron nudged the unfocused girl.