A baby Dark Lord in the making

Start from the beginning

However, before they had left the room Lucius turned to his still smiling son, "perhaps Draco, you should write to Harrison, I'm sure he would be willing to fill you in on how his summer has gone."

~

Narcissa blinked as she took in what her husband had told her. The Dark Lord was back. She didn't know how to feel about that, she had lost everything, almost everything thanks to him, her cousin was dead, her sister and brothers-in-law were in Azkaban, and the only reason her husband wasn't rotting in that hell hole with them was because of deep pockets and well-placed threats. No, she didn't know how to feel about this news...

"You've been keeping too many secrets from me Lucius."

"I know my love however, I did not have leave to speak of it."

"I am your wife, we keep no secrets from each other."

Lucius cringed under the icy gaze of his lady wife, it was easy sometimes to forget Narcissa was born a Black, her delicate mannerisms and fair hair so different from the norm, but at times like this it was very clear from which family she hailed. Narcissa Malfoy was not a witch to be taken lightly, she was just as deadly as her infamous sister Bellatrix, she just hid it better, under a calm and subtle façade. She knew not to ask questions where it concerned what he had to do, but keeping his lords return from her, that wasn't something she would take lightly.

"Yes dear," the blond lord agreed, knowing better than to argue.

"He is sane?" she asked

Lucius nodded, "he is."

"...And you've offered up our home, the home where our son, our only son and heir lives, for him to stay?" Narcissa asked in a carefully controlled voice.

The tone of that question made Lucius still, that tone never boded well for him, "Draco will be safe I swear it, the Dark Lord is different, not only is he sane but Draco also has Harrison's protection,"

Narcissa let out a breath, "to think a child hold such power,"

"He is so much more than a child,"

"He had better be, if he is sworn to protect my son." Narcissa said, never let it be said that she didn't love her son.

With that she stood, straightening out her dress before moving to walk out of the room.

"Narcissa?" Lucius called.

"Yes?"

"You're okay with this" he asked, he wouldn't stop supporting his lord and his goals but if his wife asked he would pull back. He didn't want to, but his family would always come first.

Narcissa stilled, "I am torn, but I will act appropriately as is expected of me as your wife and a daughter of the house of Black. He is your sworn Lord and Harrison's soul mate."

Lucius sighed, he knew that was the best he would get from his lady wife, hopefully however once she was reintroduced to his Lord she would see how different he was, and her attitude and acceptance would change. He knew Narcissa agreed with their Lords goals, she was just stuck reminiscing on how wrong everything went and the consequences of the last war.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have rooms to prepare. I can't have our Lord thinking we are providing him with anything but the best."

"Yes, my love," Lucius agreed, knowing that Narcissa would be the perfect hostess to their lord, reservations or not.

~

Meanwhile

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Headmaster's Office.