Far fetched reality

Start from the beginning

~

Mr. Potter,

I must say that I am wary to congratulate you on your ingenuity in avoiding your family. However, I am pleased you are well and trust you will remain so, even if your current company is less than ideal.

You will find enclosed a few doses of the Wolfsbane potion; extra was provided to be taken at the user's discretion. I shall provide this potion annually, however this in no way means I am willing to, as you say, 'get to know' your new caregivers. As for the price, an invoice is in the box. Have the newly named Lord Black sign it and our business will be concluded.

Once again, my offer for aid stands if you ever find yourself in need contact me.

Severus T. Snape

Potions Master

~

Smiling by the time he was finished reading, Harry passed the note to Remus while he investigated the potions Snape had sent. Looking at the vials, Harry could tell the potion was of the highest quality from the colour and consistency. He was sure that, if he took off the vial's lid, he would be hit with the pungent smell of the potion's namesake.

"I wasn't sure he would help," the wolf admitted after reading the note and passing it to Sirius, who had been reading over his shoulder with difficulty.

"I had faith in him," Harry said. The younger wizard was looking at the invoice as well and saw that Snape hadn't even over charged Sirius like Harry had feared he would - he wouldn't put it past the man to hold onto his grudge and act childish. However, Harry was proud to see that Snape had charged them fairly, if even a little less than the standard rate.

Remus smiled at Harry's words and picked up a vial of the potion he needed. Examining it, he sighed when he saw the high quality. "Thank you," he told the green-eyed child.

Harry smiled and offered Remus a shrug. "I didn't do anything. If you want to thank anybody, thank Professor Snape."

Remus held back his cringe at the thought of writing to Severus. He doubted the man would even read the note before burning it. "I will, but I also wanted to thank you. It's because of you that all of this has happened—we're here together because of you." Harry smiled at the lanky man.

Sirius, who had reread the letter twice, smiled at the words, distracting him from his annoyance towards Snape. Since the charms had been lifted, he found a lot of his emotions and feelings towards people were mixed up; things he had been certain about, people he had hated, no longer lined up to his true feelings and he was at a loss.

"Moony is right, Prongslet, you're really, very good at bringing people together," Sirius said.

Harry smiled. "Here's the invoice - it's actually a little less than I expected," Harry admitted.

Sirius took a look at it. Although he wasn't sure what the price should be, he believed Harry when he said it was less than the usual.

~

After the potions delivery, Harry continued with his plan. However an idea struck him and he wandered up to the third floor.

Clearing his throat in front of an empty frame, Harry called out cautiously, "Headmaster Black?"

Standing for almost a minute, Harry thought he had failed when suddenly Phineas Black appeared in his portrait.

The painting looked at Harry and blinked in surprise. "You summoned me, Harrison?" he asked.