Then there were three

Start from the beginning

"And the price?" Harry asked.

"90 galleons," Ragnok said.

Harry smirked at the higher price. Ragnok had obviously enjoyed their last haggling match.

"60."

"75."

"70," Harry said.

"Deal," Ragnok replied.

Sirius watched this in shocked silence; he didn't know people argued money with goblins and had been worried when Harry had started to bargain.

Ragnok clicked his fingers, sending for Mauve Harry assumed, before he turned to Sirius.

"Mr. Back. Are you aware that your Lordship is currently unclaimed?" he asked, not beating around the bush.

Sirius was confused. He had thought being a convict would strip him of his title.

"No," he said honestly. "But I thought...?"

"The old conviction laws were overturned at the end of the last war. You are still able to claim your title and I would recommend you do so," Ragnok informed him.

Sirius nodded his head. "Okay. I just need to put on the ring and see if it accepts me, right?" he asked more than stated.

"Correct," Ragnok said.

"Should I do it now or after?" he asked.

Just then Healer Mauve entered. Seeing Harry, she smirked. "Are you going to be bringing every wizard in Britain to me to be cleansed, Little Lord?" she asked.

"My lady, I shall only bring those who deserve the best," he said, bowing slightly to the female goblin.

Mauve let out a low chuckle before she looked at Sirius. "The dementors have been having a feast from you," she said.

Sirius nodded. "Ten years," he said.

Mauve tsked and shook her head. "I can't make you perfect in one go, but I can make you better. You will follow me," she said.

Sirius looked bewildered as the female moved towards the door.

Harry smiled. "She does that - you should follow her. I will be here waiting when you're done. I'll have your ring brought up," Harry said.

Sirius nodded and walked to Harry, kissing his head before he darted after the healer.

~

After Sirius had gone, Harry turned to Ragnok.

He recited everything that happened in during and after the trial and watched as the goblin took in the information. Ragnok sat in silence as he spoke, digesting the words and thinking about the actions of all those involved.

"Did you actually send a letter?" he asked Harry.

Harry smirked. "Yes, I sent it after I left Remus here. I thought it would be a good thing to have if I was ever questioned."

~

July 18th 1992, The Leaky Cauldron

Harry picked up a piece of parchment and grabbed an ink pot. Placing them on the table, he began to write.

~

Dear Aunt Petunia,

I know you asked to never be written to or bothered by the wizarding world again, but I thought I should inform you that I planned on staying in the wizarding world for the summer with friends of my parents and my own school friends.