Poppy Pomfrey was shocked by the slight boy's words. "I see. What potions for what purposes?" she asked. Seeing his frown, she added, "All of this information is private, Mr. Potter. As a healer I had to take oaths to ensure I never betrayed my patients' trust."

"Oh," Harry said. "Well, the potions are to help minimise the damage done by my relatives," Harry said, not looking up and hoping to portray the image of an embarrassed child. He was not embarrassed about the situation, but rather furious when he thought about what he had endured at the hand of this family before he had stood up for himself.

Poppy nodded her head once, understanding the situation. "Do you know which potions in particular you were taking?"

Harry frowned. He had become used to his memory recall being perfect, so being unsure was annoying, but he honestly didn't know the specific names, just their purpose and perhaps a few ingredients based on the taste. "I'm sorry, I'm not sure. I know that the potion I take each morning is a nutrient potion to help me gain weight - it tastes like burnt sage and is pale purple. The other potion I take every other night is to help my bones heal and strengthen them; it's not skele-gro, I know that much. It smells like copper and tastes like old blood - oh! And it's dark green, almost black," Harry said.

Poppy nodded, impressed with his description. "Right, it sounds like you're taking Helga's Fortune and Kosti-recovery."

Harry just shrugged. He had never heard the names before, but he was admittedly no expert in potions and when the healer had prescribed them the names were not given, just the purpose and dosage.

"I'm also using an ointment to help my scars fade, which I'm running low on," Harry said. "It's pale blue and smells like mint and coffee."

Poppy frowned. "I can't seem to recall any ointments which fit that description. I shall have to ask our resident potions master," she said, racking her brain.

Harry tilted his head to the side. "I have Potions first thing, I can ask him if he knows," Harry offered.

"That would be helpful dear," Poppy said. "Now, if it's Potions you have, you had better pop off. Professor Snape doesn't tolerate tardiness - unless you have any other matters to discuss?" she asked.

"No ma'am," Harry said, turning to leave.

"Mr. Potter, I would like to give you a health scan in a few weeks to check the progress of your potions," she said. "I will send you an owl when it's time."

Nodding, Harry continued and quickly made his way to the dungeons, entering and taking his place just as Snape walked in.

Harry decided he must give the same speech at the start of each year.

"You are here to learn the subtle science and exact art of potion making. As there is little foolish wand waving here, many of you will hardly believe this is magic. I don't expect you will really understand the beauty of the softly simmering cauldron with its shimmering fumes, the delicate power of liquids that creep through human veins, bewitching the mind, ensnaring the senses.... I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death—that is, if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach."

Harry kept his head down and wondered if Snape would call upon him again like he had last time, letting out a breath when he started the roll call. He did seem to pause on Harry's name slightly, making Harry look up in question. However, he soon recovered and continued down the list.

After waving his wand and putting the directions on the board, Snape told them to brew the potion so he could assess their natural talents. Calling randomly on students to ask them questions, he eventually targeted Harry.