"We've got to get Avi and his Dad to look at this." I told Dee.

"I agree."

We backed out of the room and went to tell the others what we had found.

Avi and his Dad arrived and started taking our statements, having a look at the shrine with Dee. Kirsty and Kevin arrived a short time later. "Oh no, I forgot to change our recording date." I told Mom and Dad.

Connie was torn between wanting to keep the events of the day private, and telling Mitch's friends in case they were added to the list of people Miles might decide to hurt. With most of the group being aware of what had happened it wasn't like they were going to be in the dark for long anyway. So she said, "OK everyone take a seat in the living room. We are going to get everything out in the open so we only have to do this the one time. Then Scott you and your Boyfriend are going to take everyone over to the pool house and have some fun. We have to get on with things and not let this person or his issues stop us from living our lives.

"Boyfriends!?!" Kirstie squealed, Avi and Kevin nodded to each other and everyone jumped up to congratulate Mitch and me. We both blushed and then we sat down again so Mom could start the ball rolling.

I reached down to hold Mitch's hand and he wrapped both hands around mine. 'I'm so lucky he's here with me. I don't think I could have handled this without him.' I thought to myself.

Mom said, "Miles has been my chauffeur for nearly a year. He has a troubled past and our organisation thought that giving him responsibility and a purpose might help him get his life together. With the groups I belong to, projects like Miles are usually shared around to encourage recipients towards better behaviour and keeping our town a nice place to live. Giving someone a go is sometimes all you can do and often it brings good results. We were aware of his background and who he tended to assosciate with, however Richard & I felt we could give him a good opportunity to improve his situation. While I haven't had any personal issues with Miles or his behaviour, since Scott came home others have noticed changes."

Avi nodded and added "What we found in his room significantly increases the level of apprehension over his mental state and what he might do since Mrs Hoying ("Connie Please Dear."), Thank you Ma'am, Connie, sent him away. We know he is fixated on her, and not in a good way. His verbal abuse of Mitch and Scott at the time he left the residence and the threats he made indicate that he is not completely corpus mentis. We don't know where he went when he left, but it is a good bet he's going to come back at some point. I'm going to stay here tonight in the guest room and also patrol the boundary. Dad will do regular drive bys and we'll get in a couple of Deputies from the next station over to assist until we can find him and ensure he's no danger to himself or others."

Everyone breathed easier with the discussions of safety and the protective detail.

Avi's Dad continued "Unfortunately we know his associates are people of questionable character and means of support. So it might be difficult to find him and apprehend him. "The most concerning thing of course is the verbal threats towards Scott and Mitch, we just really need to find him so we can force a psych eval. Plus there's the "Invasion of Privacy."

At everyone's nods, he continued.

"We're going to take the photographs and some other evidence from his room, take fingerprints and see if we can get some from the window outside the pool house to match. When we're done, Dee's going to pack up his room and we'll have the contents delivered to his Mother. We don't want to give him any excuse to return."

Avi's Dad and my parents stayed in the living room, tidying up the paperwork.

Everyone else hit the kitchen for some refreshment. Dee made everyone smoothies and then we trooped over to the pool house so the rest of the group could check out the recording studio. Avi had a quick look, said "Sweet man." then went to help his father with the fingerprinting. Kevin and Kirstie were really impressed and clamoured to listen to the song, Mitch had obviously told Kirstie about it, who in turn had told Kevin.

"Can I play 'Longing' for them?" Mitch asked.

"Of course Monkey."

"Awwww." Kirstie said

"OK, stop girl!" I said laughing.

"Nope, not until you kiss each other." She smiled giving us the 'bring it' hand wave.

"You might as well do it Scott, she's not gonna let you have a second's peace until you kiss Mitch there." Kevin grinned and nodded.

Mitch and I turned to each other, I held his head in my hands and we fake kissed.

"Oh no fair Scotty." She said.

"Yeah." I agreed.

"OK, OK." He pulled me back in again for a real kiss. I knew he was going to make it short and sweet, so when he put his face closer to mine, I bit down on my lower lip and smirked. His eyes flashed and then he grabbed me and kissed me deep and long and fuck I started getting hard.

"OMG!" Kirstie squealed.

"What has been seen can't be unseen." Kevin intoned and then blushed.

I shrugged and hit play. Everyone stopped what they were doing and listened in silence.

We sounded, really good. Our voices blended in the harmonies and the drop added so much to the sound. Scott had messed around with some drum beats but we hadn't found anything we liked, then Kevin told us to play it again. He started popping out the kick and high hats, filling out the beat and Kirstie started feeling her way around another harmony. We just needed the bass. We all exclaimed when Avi came back to tell us his Dad was going back to the station to grab some supplies for his son and to take the evidence in.

"We've put a bolo out on the car and we'll start looking for it in ernest tomorrow. For now I'm gonna hang with you guys. When it starts to get dark I'll start patrolling the perimeter."

We all appreciated the update and then he said, "By the way, cool sound I was hearing when I was coming up to the door. Play it again?"

After an hour we had laid down all three harmonies, plus the percussion and bass and were listening to the semi-finished product.

Everyone's face was beaming. We knew Scott just added that something to our sound that we had been lacking. "That was the bomb you guys!"

"Yeah it was, totally." "Yes." "Mmm hmm." We all agreed. It looked like we had found the final piece of the puzzle that could lead to bigger and better things.

"We just need a few tweaks and a couple more songs on there and we have a demo." Scott said stating what everyone knew for a fact.

"What are we waiting for?" Kirstie asked. And we got into what songs everyone knew and Scott could join in on. I could feel that the rest of the guys and Kirstie were warming up to Scott immediately. If not for Mr Crazy Pants, I'm sure we would have been totally happy heading toward a bright future. But life sometimes throws you a curveball.

...............................................

"Joey, yeah Wendell, Man where are you?" Wendell listened to the person on the other end of the phone. "I got a customer in urgent need of some Roofies Man. I also got some serious need to cook Guy. What's the ETA? Mmm Hmm. Shit Man, I'm gonna be down to bare bones before you get here Man."

Wendell let Miles in on the bad news. Joey was still at least 12 hours away if he pushed it, and he wasn't going to do that. "He's not going to risk getting caught hauling the drugs and other stuff to cook with either. Besides he has a Honey a couple of hours from here and I bet that little shit's going to stop in and see her first too."

"Fuck, you got any more weed man?"

...............................................