Chapter 1 (Renees POV)

I sighed and stretched my arms above my head. I sat up and slowly trudged my way out of the cheap motel bed. I walked to the bathroom quickly hoping in the shower.

This is gonna be a tuff hunt. I had never liked hunting things physically stronger than me. Especially Vampires. I quickly got dressed in a pair of dark jean shorts, a tight black tank top and a gray zip up hoodie. I walk out of the bathroom into the cheap motel me and Des are staying in for now.

I walk over to Des. "Hey get your lazy ass up," I shook her. Only earning a groan of annoyance. "Destiny come on get up we got shit to do." I shook her harder.

"What kinda shit?" She spat at me in a pissed voice.

"A hunt." I stated simply.

"What kinda hunt?"

"A vampire." I told her making sure she got up.

"A what?" She looked at me like I had two heads.

"A vampire." I looked at her.

"Not possible, they're extinct." She shook her head at me.

"That's what I thought." I smirked at her.

"Whatever, Your crazy." She groaned.

She walked to the bathroom slowly groaning. I walked back over to the bed I had slept on that night collecting all of our notes and supplies. I walked over to Destiny's bed to and collected her notes as well. I took everything out to our car and shoved it in the back seat and sat on the hood of our car waiting for her to come out.

Finally after probably 20 minutes she came out wearing Short light washed demi shorts. And a tight black tank top with an army coat thrown over.

" 'Bout damn time." I teased her throwing the keys at her.

"Ha ha shut up." She yelled at me.

I smirked at her hopping in the car through the window.

"You know I got the doors fixed right?" Des looked over at me.

"Yap!" I said popping the p. I threw a piece of gum in my mouth, turning the radio on and putting my feet on the dashboard I stared out at the country watching as it flew by.

-

---

---

----

-----

----

---

--

-

I must have fallen asleep at some point in time cause when I woke up it looked to be about 4 o'clock out. when I glanced at the clock I saw it was 5:30. I groaned and stretched. "We're almost there." I looked over at my best friend who smiled at me.

"Good." I stated as I groaned again stretching.

"So whats the plan?" She asked me.

"Do what we always do." I told her smirking. "Go in figure out whats been going on read the history. Get the hunt done, on to the next."

She smiled.

"Our lives are so interesting. Do it finish it do it again." We laughed.

"Hey we have some fun every now and again." I smiled at her.

My smile turned serious when I saw the sign welcoming us to Boulder, Colorado. "We're here." I sighed sitting up.

"You wanna drive?" Des looked over at me.