A Bloody Troll

"Greta wait! Please just hear me out! I swear it wasn't anything against you!" Margo raced through the common room towards the auburn haired girl and she pleaded for her to listen.

"Just leave me alone Margo, I can see where I'm not wanted."

"You know I didn't mean it that way," Margo pleaded, "It was just a surprise-"

"Why because you prefered Miller? Because you didn't want me to steal your spotlight?!"

"Greta, it's just a quidditch position! I do want you on the team, I just understood from Davis that it would be Miller and I was confused. It wasn't anything against you." Margo tried her best not to let it show that she was fighting back tears of frustration. However, Greta just turned around and stormed off, and Margo finally let some tears go.

"She isn't still going at it is she?", asked Roger who had just walked into the common room. "Shut up Davis" Margo bit out. He gave an almost exasperated chuckle, "You guys better get it together before the first game Margs". To anyone who walked by Margo must have looked like she was attempting to impersonate a irritated Hungarian Horntail, "I don't get it Davis!" she roared, "First you tell me you are not going to choose Greta, and then you do! You told me you were going to run it through Stratton and Burrow, but I asked and they told me you didn't even ask them! And now you're asking me to GET IT TOGETHER!"

"Bloody Merlin Margo, I just changed my mind. It's not that big of a deal.." Davis muttered affronted,

"It is a big deal! It might have cost me a friend. A friend I now have to work with constantly because of quidditch. Do you know why I didn't want Greta to join the team?" Roger shook his head no as if his self-preservation had just kicked in, "Because you and I both know how I get about quidditch. I didn't want to lose her as a friend."

"I'm sorry S. I swear I don't know what came over me..." Roger looked slightly apologetic.

"It still makes no sense to me Roger. You freaked out when I told you this summer that I forgot my playbook at school. You went on and on about how it would cost us the season, yet now you are up from completely changing the team strategy? Why?"

"I just had a change of heart Margo." Roger was staring at Margo as if he weren't even seeing her, and his voice sounded robotic, but his voice held a tone of finality.

Margo looked at her friend confused and worried over his behavior,, "Roger... Are you okay?" She reached out and touched his shoulder. Roger flinched as if her touch shocked him out of a trance.

"Yes, yeah I'm fine. Just feelin' a bit off. C'mon Margo let's go find Josie and Cedric, we have Care of Magical Creatures next"

If there was one class Margo could count to take her mind off of everything it would be care for magical creatures, or at least anything that did not involve her friends.... Usually even if there was something going on between her and Greta the fact that Roger, Cedric and Josie were in the adventure ridden class could make up for it. However, because Margo was also more than slightly annoyed with Roger, and had decided for her safety and that of her classmates, to direct as few words towards him as possible, she couldn't seek refuge in her other friends. This was especially true as they had been divided into groups of four and surprise surprise, Roger, Ced and Josie made up her group.

Margo glared intently at her paper in half anger and half worry as Professor Kettleburn dragged on about Ashwinder Serpents, and today's activity feeding them. It was almost their mating season and that meant they were keeping them alive only for them to die seconds after their babies were born... or something like that... honestly why did she even take this class? "Are you still mad at him?" Josie's voice in her ear made her jump about a foot in the air, making Kettleburn take three points from Ravenclaw for something along the lines of not following the class's safety protocols. This was quite unfair considering the Weasley twins also took this class and were now attempting to poke their serpent and not losing any points. "Yes I'm still pissed," she whispered back to Josie, "I spend my days fighting with Greta, Roger deserves a cold shoulder."