He turned his head to look at you, making your cheeks grow hot. "Um, I'm sorry. I don't know what I was saying."

"No. I think I get it." Eric smiled.

The corners of your mouth lifted up. "So you're a drummer, huh? What band?"

"Hmm. I don't think I'm ready to reveal my identity just yet."

"I'm guessing it's a big secret, then," you said, and this made Eric blush. The porch light was on and so you were able to see him. "If it's a big secret, I won't tell anyone. I promise."

He hummed a bit. "No. I don't think so."

It became obvious that he was messing with you. In spite of this, you continued. "Please? I won't tell anyone."

"No," he replied, shaking his head. A smile was on his face. "Maybe next time."

You raised your eyebrows. "Will there be a next time?"

Before he could respond, the back door opened, revealing Lena. "Hey Y/N. Paul. It's time for cake if you want some."

This made you look at Eric, who smiled. "After you."

You went back into the house, followed by Eric. He then led the way to the kitchen, where a small group of people were gathering. A large cake was on the counter with many candles on it.

"Happy birthday, Lena!" everyone shouted in unison.

"Make a wish," you said with a grin.

Lena smiled before blowing out the candles. People cheered and clapped, then it was time to cut the cake.

Eventually you were able to get a piece, and began to chat with a couple of people, including Eric. He stayed by your side, whose presence you were starting to like. In fact, you were starting to like him.

A bit while later, people were beginning to leave. You glanced at a nearby clock, realizing that it was almost ten.

"Well I think it's about time," you said after a few minutes. Eric, who you've been talking to, looked at you. "It's getting late and I should be going home."

He gazed at the clock. "Oh, you're right. I should be going home, too. I have to be at the studio tomorrow morning."

"Well," you started. "I guess this is the part when we say goodbye, then."

Eric studied you for a moment, then shook his head. "No. I don't think so."

"What do you mean?"

"We'll be saying goodbye tonight, yes, but . . . I want to see you again." He smiled.

"Really?"

"Really."

Heat rose to your cheeks. "I want to see you, too, Eric. Should we exchange numbers?"

He nodded, and soon the two of you were able to write each other's numbers down. Eric smiled again, his brown eyes gleaming. "It was nice to meet you, Y/N."

You grinned, but then frowned. "How do you know my name?"

A chuckle came from him. "We were outside, remember? Lena told us to come in. She said your name."

"Oh, right," you said, remembering. "She did."

Eric smiled, his brown eyes meeting yours. "Well I guess it's about time we go."

"I guess so."

With this in mind, you both said goodbye to Lena and left the house. Eric walked you to your car, where you stood in silence while studying him.

"What?" he asked.

"Can't you at least give me a hint?" you inquired.

Eric took a minute to comprehend your words. Once he did, a smile came upon his lips as he shook his head. "I know what you're thinking but I'm not going to do it. No way."

You frowned. "Well at least give me your last name."

"I did. It's Caravello. Paul Caravello, remember?"

"Your other last name. Your stage name."

Eric paused, then said, "I really need to go to my car. Goodnight, Y/N."

You opened your mouth only to close it. He smiled before turning around to head to his car, which was parked not too far from yours.

Car. Eric was walking to his car.

Eric's car.

Wait.

Eric. Car.

Wait a minute, you thought. His name is Eric Carr.

And you knew that name from anywhere.

He was the new drummer for the band KISS.

But before you could say anything, before you could shout those words out, Eric was in his car and starting the engine, making you glance down at the piece of paper you were still holding. The piece of paper that Eric had given you.

The piece of paper with his phone number.