S - "We dont have to. He will simply have to deal with what we have."

"You don't understand guys if you think that'll happen Shehnaaz. Agreeing on the fact that we're just friends wont be enough." He rasped as I rush into my seat saving myself from the flurries outside. I ponder upon his words for a while, thinking back to how even Gautam had voiced a doubt. Perhaps we were a little too connected, the connection springing from being the only one who'd understood the latter when no one else willed to. Especially when the both of us were broken enough to not be put together if it hadnt been for the affection we'd gifted each other. "Jaana kaha hai?" I question letting the prior conversation drop not wanting tonight to consist of solving puzzles my mind created. "Main Downtown" he smirked giving me a slight idea of what he had been up to. Nodding I pull back onto the road letting him control the music, slightly shocked as he played the same slow song he'd criticized earlier. I smirk stealing a glance at the blissful smile on his face. "Kya?" He questioned staring back a second later. I shook my head, "kuch nhi".

Si - "Sure?"

S - "Hmm.... bas yeh dekh rahi thi ki jo mujhe thode time pehle yeh sab sunne pe chidha raha tha woh abhi khud wohi sab play kr raha hai"

"Mujhe acha lgga. It means more than what you hear at the surface." He murmurs relaxing further into his seat as the song continues. He seemed to sober up, the cold drinks and time washing down the effect of alcohol. I sigh focusing back on the road, following the directions he absentmindedly gave until we got to the main parking lot, the darkness outside illuminated by multiple strands of street lights. "Yaha kya karna hai tujhe? Woh bhi itni raat ko?" I question, looking around at the multiple other cars parked a little far from my own.

"You're going to love it" he chimed simply, hopping out of the car. I do the same, running behind him to catch up seeing him descend towards the main street, the bridge looked exceptionally pretty today, or maybe perhaps it was just how glamorous the night was. I didn't really know, not that it mattered much anyway. I watch keenly as he gets the both of us electric scooters, ones that seemingly everyone else too was riding down the dark illuminated downtown streets. I'd wanted to do this for the longest I could think back to, having asked him multiple times only to be denied, and now when we were doing it, he was drunk and the night hours creeped upon me. The urge to fulfill the wish I'd had however overpowered from beneath all the fears. Perhaps we'd be fine, as we always were. "Chalein baby?" He rasped pushing one toward me, making my breath hitch at his choice of nickname. "H-Haan..." I mumble noticing him still staring, expectantly.

We got on our scooters, riding side by side, the earlier conversations completely forgotten as we fell into our element, the loud chatter and laughter echoing through the annoyingly quiet streets. He seemed to be happy, the happy I liked seeing him be. The child inside him peeked onto the surface, allowing me an insight of what only I knew he was. I wished he'd let more people see, be his true self at every moment of the day and stay smiling like he currently was. I'd give up anything to make that true... To make that smile of his last the rest of his life. He stops before me, reaching the set of stairs he'd directed me to follow him to. I tug his hand into mine, holding it close as we approached the staircase. A weird feeling settling into my gut, I felt as if he was leaving, going too far away despite being as close as he currently was.

"Tu kbhi mujhe chhodega nhi na?" I asked as we reached the top of the stairs, pausing for a short breath as the cool wind hit the both of us. He looked down at me amused, the alcohol having completely worn off. I step closer to him as he situated himself atop the cemented bench. "I could never leave you even if I wanted to, you know better than to ever doubt that." He murmured pulling me to sit beside him. I sigh, nodding. I did know better than that. "You mean too much" he sighed letting his arms wrap around my shoulder pulling me into his side. "You do too" I revert, letting my intertwine with his.