Chapter Three // 300 Million meters per second // Deadly Life

Start from the beginning

"Um...is it really okay to just leave her here?" Kotomi asked.

"I think she'll be fine." I said, leading them out of the room and to the chapel.

I warned them beforehand that it was...unpleasant. Upon seeing the body, Kotomi screamed in fear.

"W-What?! Who could have...done this to someone?!"

"Someone who reeeeally had it out for her." Yukie said with a smile.

"So, you?!" Hiroyuki said, wiping the tears from his eyes.

"Everyone, calm down. Someone should find everyone else and bring them here."

"We went down to the lounge and saw Mayumi." Hannah began, Atsuji following behind her. "What's...happening...he...re..."

"Holy shit. Holy...shit." Atsuji said, eyes wide.

"I came as soon as I heard!" Sota said, tripping around the corner. "WAAAAAAAAHHHH?!!"

"Good timing." I remarked. "Hannah, we should go get Haruto."

"Good...good point." She said, still shaken up from the discovery. We both walked down to Haruto's room, not saying a word the whole time.

Hannah put the key in the lock and turned it. Haruto was sitting on his bed nervously tapping his foot. When the door clicked open, his head turned towards us, asking who it was without using words.

"Teruko and Mayumi." Hannah revealed sadly. Haruto sighed disappointedly. "Why two...? Why..."

"Everyone's in the chapel, come on." Hannah said to him.

We made our way back to the chapel. When we did, everyone stood silently, stunned by the state of Teruko's body.

Hiroyuki was the first one to break the silence. "Who did it?" He asked.

Everyone looked at each other as if they were expecting somebody to confess. Of course, nobody did.

"Who was it?" He raised his voice slightly. "She was trying with all of you! She was trying to make it up to you!" His voice raised even further.

"Saki, calm down." Ryuji said to him. "We'll solve it together, okay?"

Hiroyuki ignored him, and continued to shout. "FINE! OKAY, SHE KILLED MEI. SO FUCKING WHAT?! SHE WAS SCARED FOR HER BROTHER, AND HIDETO MANIPULATED HER. HE WAS THE ONE WHO WAS EXECUTED, NOT HER, SO WHY THE FUCK DID EVERYONE HATE HER SO MUCH?!"

We all shuffled uncomfortably, shocked that someone as seemingly wholesome and innocent as Hiroyuki could be so angry and dominant.

When nobody replied, he stompted away from the chapel, crying. Ryuji assured us he'd check up on him later.

Breaking the silence, the monitors came to life with Monoissei and Monomeiko.

"GWAH-WAH-WAH-WAH?! TWO BODIES??" Monoissei screamed in shock. "WHO COULD HAVE PREDICTED THIS???"

"Us...because we can see everything that's happening everywhere in this compound..." Monomeiko pointed out.

"Ah. Good point." He laughed. "Now, let's get into it! In the case of two separate culprits, only the culprit who killed the victim discovered first will be eligible for execution! Of course, there's always a chance that the culprit is the same for both victims. By the way, any further murders that get committed will be met with immediate punishment. We can't be dealing with everyone dropping dead."

"Wait, so if they're different, what happens to the second culprit?" Haruto asked, concerned.

"Oo! I'll take this one!" Monomeiko announced. "They get to continue the game as any other participant, and if they aren't found by the rest of the participants there is no obligation for us to reveal them! What we're saying is that they have a possibility to remain anonymous."