I have nothing against you two, Jeongyeon's happiness is my happiness Mina, but I'm also her mother. I had to do things for her, I had to be the bad guy and I'm really sorry for taking her away. But without surgery..... Without it, she'll have few years. She loves you and Mio, that kid is her world now. You see it too, right? How her eyes sparkle whenever she talks about her, how her smiles grew bigger and bigger every time the girl is mentioned. That's all I want to see, I want her to be happy with you two. It's not right for me to ask you this, but she's not gonna listen to anyone unless it's you. Mina, we have to convince her."

When the older Yoo stop talking, Mina just looked at her. It's just a moment of silence, a moment of grief.

The two ladies cried from the same pain. Now, Mina understands why the older Yoo acted the way she did before. That all this time she was just being a mother trying to protect her daughter.

MN : "I didn't know auntie, I should be sorry for thinking you just want to take us apart. I'll talk to her when I get home. I'll convince her, I'll do everything. Auntie we're not gonna lose her." She said holding the older Yoo tighter.

When both of them calmed down Mina offered the older Yoo a ride back to her hotel. This time instead of painful confession, the older Yoo shared warm memories she has of their younger years. How Jeongyeon never leaves without Mina, how she refused to hold hands even with her sister because her hands are made for holding Mina's and there were so many wonderful memories Mina never knew.

They laugh and for a moment and forgot the pain.

OY : "Mina gomawo, I wished we could talk like this more often."

MN : "Of course auntie, just like what I said earlier we'll love to have you in our place. Please be careful going up."

OY : "Arraso..... Thank you for loving my daughter." The older Yoo waved goodbye.

The moment the older lady left her sight, the fear and the pain came back. It's like everything turns dark again but she has to hold herself, at least just to get herself home. The drive back was nothing but emptiness and from time to time a tear would escape her eyes.

 The drive back was nothing but emptiness and from time to time a tear would escape her eyes

-

Mina parked her car, she stayed there for a while trying to calm herself down. The tears weren't stopping, it just got worse but she has to stand up, she has to get out of the car. They have to talk about it now.

With her red and puffy eyes, Mina found Jeongyeon and Mio watching in the family room.

MI : "Ka-san! Welcome home."

MN : "Mio can you give me and Jeong some time?" She tried hard to avoid eye contact with her daughter.

MI : "Arraso, I'll be in the room."

JY : "Finally, welcome home love." The taller girl turns and smiled at her.

Mina couldn't believe she never noticed how everything was perfect for them. She hates herself for not noticing that there's something hidden behind those warm smiles.

JY : "What happened? Are you okay? Did you cry? Are you hurt? Is there something painful???"

And perhaps asking if she was fine was too much she started crying again.

JY : "Hey, what happened???? What's wrong????"

MN : "J-Jeongyeon you didn't tell me you love me before because of your heart condition, right?" The girl stutter.

Jeongyeon stopped in her track, she feels like somebody poured an iced cold bucket in her. She's not ready for this, she'll never be ready for this.

JY : "How did you know? Was it my mom?"

MN : "Answer me, you didn't say it because of that, right?"

Jeongyeon just looked at her and smiled awkwardly.

Mina doesn't want to see her smiling, she doesn't want it. It's the last thing she wants to see right now. She wants to see how Jeongyeon really feels. How scared and how painful it is for her.

MN : "When are you gonna tell me?! Answer me please."

Jeongyeon walks closer to her and hugs her, the girl is barely holding herself intact.

JY : "I didn't want to, I wanted to take it to my grave Mina. The moment I learned I have a hole in my heart I promise not to tell anyone. When I met you I wanted to tell you but I can't see you sad. I don't want it, I can't tell you I love you even if I did because I don't want to break your heart. I don't want you crying."

Jeongyeon looks away, she knows staring at Mina would just make her cry.

"I wanted you to hate me but no matter how far I hide you always find me. I wasn't gonna tell you or Mio. I didn't want to hurt you two, I thought I should at least make you happy and not give you another reason to be sad."

MN : "You knew all this time and you didn't tell me. I thought I was part of you???"

Jeongyeon's world came crumbling down, for the first time Mina sees how the smile in the taller girl's face fades.

Mina starts to see the fears in her eyes.

---