Chapter Fourteen

It has been a three weeks since Amorie has been home and I knew it was going to be hard, but I didn't think it was going to be like this. I haven't slept normally since I was eight months pregnant and I thought it might possibly be a little easier when we were home because Vinny would help. He is helping and I can see that he is and he is doing a lot around here, but it is so stressful. She cries every five minutes for something new, the only time she doesn't cry is when she is sleeping and she is so cute when she doesn't cry. I can't wait until she is older.

"I just put her down for bed now. Expect her to wake up in two hours." Vinny sat down on the couch and we watched TV. It had been a while since we actually sat down and talked to each other.
"I miss just hanging out." I said grabbing his hand and holding it with mine.
"Me too babe, me too."
"I mean we could be at school right now, drinking and smoking and meeting new people and finding careers."
"Don't worry about it now we have it all figured out." He pulled me close and kissed my head. I remember the first time we kissed at that party. That's when I knew he was the one. The way he kissed me. Even though it cause some shit between me and my best friend, but other than that everything was fine after. I missed Elizabeth. I missed Alex and Ellie and us all together. I missed going to Vinny's football games.

"Mackenzie Rivers." I got up and followed the doctor into the examination room.
"So what do you want to do for birth control?" She asked me.
"Could I just take the pill? It seems like the easiest way to go."
"Yes."
"Okay, you will take it once a day in the morning. Take it with food alright?"
"Okay thank you."
''No problem, I hope everything goes well with Amorie."
I went to CVS and got my prescription and then went home. I wish I waited for this baby. Life would have been so much easier. I could be at school right now and making new friends and picking a career and I'm sitting at home and watching TV all day writing a journal, breast feeding and babysitting. Then at night I work and Vinny watches her and I feel bad for him because I made him stay here when he had everything infront of him and I ruined that. I live with mother still when I could be living in a dorm room. If your going to have a baby and your a teenager, wait because you can just have it when your older and nothing will change, except you will have money to support her and everything.
I got home and walked upstairs and all the lights were off. I checked on Amorie and covered her over. Then I went back downstairs into the kitchen, said hi to my mom and she told me Vinny was outside. So I went outside under the big tree I used to swing on when I was younger.
"Hey."
"Hey babe whats up. How was the doctors?" He asked as I stood next to him.
"It was okay, how was your day with Amorie?"
"Good, she didn't cry that much today."
"That's good."
"Yeah." He walked a little further away and kneeled down. He pulled out a black box and opened it. It was a beautiful single diamond ring.
"Vinny..."
"Mackenzie Rivers, will you marry me?"