The Apocalypse beamed as an image of flying cars appeared. "Oh, that's more like it!" she approved. "That's the view we had last time. This must be the lower levels, down in the base of the tower. Some sort of under-city."

"You've brought me to the slums?" Martha asked in bemusement.

"Much more interesting," the Apocalypse told her. "It's all cocktails and glitter up there. This is the real city!"

"You'd enjoy anything."

"That's me!" the Apocalypse beamed, looking up as the rain lightened. "Ah, the rain's stopping. Better and better."

Martha bit her lip as the Apocalypse started to walk off. "When you say last time, was that you and Rose?" she asked.

The Apocalypse froze mid-step.

+++

Rose poked her head out of the TARDIS, and her jaw dropped when she saw cars actually flying overhead! "It's the year five billion and twenty three," the Apocalypse explained, stepping out behind her, leaning against the door. "We're in the galaxy M87, and this?" She held out her arms. "This is New Earth!"

"That's just . . . " Rose sputtered and she spun in a circle, her jaw literally hanging open as she stared at everything around her. "That's just . . . "

"Not bad," the Apocalypse supplied, laughing as she nodded. "Not bad at all!"

"That's amazing," Rose breathed, shaking her head and wrapping her arm through the Apocalypse's. "I'll never get used to this. Never. Different ground beneath my feet, different sky - " She paused, sniffing. "What's that smell?"

The Apocalypse winked, bending down and plucking a couple pieces of grass from the ground. "That'll be apple grass," she answered, handing Rose a piece.

Rose took a deep breath, and yes, the grass did smell like apples. "Apple grass," she repeated faintly.

"Apple grass," the Apocalypse repeated back with a laugh. "Yeah!"

"It's beautiful!" Rose gushed in amazement. "Oh, I love this!" She beamed at her older sister. "Can I just say? Traveling with you? I love it."

"Me, too," the Apocalypse replied with a smile before tugging her hand. "Come on!"

+++

"Yeah," she nodded slowly. "Yeah, it was."

Martha swallowed. "You're taking me to the same planets you took her?"

"It's hard, Martha, losing someone you love," the Apocalypse told her, looking at her hardly. "I'd already lost two siblings before I lost Rose. I guess the third time's the kicker, right?"

Martha lowered her head, embarrassed. "Yeah," she admitted, she hadn't known about the other two siblings. Then again, the Apocalypse was closed off so much.

"Oh!" a voice called, and they turned as a man opened a hatch in a stall. "You should have said! How long you been there? Happy. You want Happy."

Another woman opened her stall. "Customers!" she called happily. "Customers! We've got customers!"

"We're in business!" another woman cheered. "Mother, open up the Mellow, and the Read!"

"Happy, Happy, lovely happy Happy!"

"Anger. Buy some Anger!"

"Get some Mellow! Makes you feel all bendy and soft all day long!"

"Don't go to them! They'll rip you off." The Apocalypse frowned and approached the man. "Do you want some Happy?" he smiled at her.