x.

tutor

❏❏❏

"YOU," James exclaimed as he entered the common room. "You just got us a weeks worth of detention."

"Me?" Cat asked, sarcastically, as she looked up from the book she had been reading and craned her neck to look over the back of the armchair. "I've been here reading since the feast ended." Catriona smirked as the four boys made their way over to stand in front of her.

"What did you do exactly," Sirius asked, intrigued.

"Filch didn't say anything?"

"Nope," Remus said. "Just marched us down to his office."

"I turned Mrs. Norris into a pumpkin."

"You did what?" Peter exclaimed. "No ones ever touched Mrs. Norris!"

"There's a first time for everything Peter" Cat said. There was an awkward silence as the four boys looked at her before James stuck his hand out for a high five.

"You may have gotten us detentions," he said as Cat smacked his hand. "But that was a bloody good prank."

"And a bloody good get-away" Sirius added.

"You are a true Gryffindor. Jumping out a second story window with no fear," Remus said.

"Which potentially could've been the last time you ever jumped" Peter mumbled just loud enough for them to hear before all five burst into laughter.

❏❏❏

NOVEMBER 7th 1975

"How was the last day of your detentions," Cat asked James as they walked to the library. As end of term got closer, all their classes got harder. If Cat thought Transfiguration was hard before, she didn't know what to call it now. They had progressed from turning tiny hedgehogs into pin cushions to turning large dogs into chairs. Cat didn't know anyone who liked her mother's class. James had decided to take up the position as her tutor for that class. No one had asked him to, Cat always accused him of liking the charity work.

"Oh you know," James said, looking down at Cat. "Nothing like cleaning trophies for two hours." Cat looked up at him and nodded. He looked forward and continued "I reckon in twenty years or so, there will be a student cleaning my very own trophy."

"Really," Cat said, looking at him with a raised eyebrow. James looked at her and gave a nod. "What for then?"

"Quidditch, maybe, or top of the class in every subject," James said.